Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 IBO rule changes due to 3DI >

IBO rule changes due to 3DI

Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO rule changes due to 3DI

Old 06-18-2008, 04:00 PM

Default RE: IBO rule changes due to 3DI

OhioMike-This not the first time the Cloverdale shoot has been the same weekend as Erie. As FBAXIS said alot of the "traditional" types don't shoot IBO or anything else that has any organization to it. It is too easy to shoot with buddies and make up your score. If the IBO and other archery organizations could get these folks out our numbers would rival MBO, I think there was somewhere around 700 stick shooters at Cloverdale this year. Unfortunately most of these people do not what to compete or keep score as it is a constant reminder to them of how bad they shoot.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:41 PM

FINGERS

THIS HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD SUMMER SO FAR. I'VE BEEN TO BUSY AT THE CLUB, NO MONEY, GAS AND TO MANY LOCAL SHOOTS. I PLAN TO DO THE WORLDS I HAVEN'T MISSED IT SINCE 1996, THE TRIPLE CROWN THE FIRST TIME I'VE MISSED IT SINCE 1996.

KEEP IN TOUCH
JIM
Old 06-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Jim,
As we have discussed, I made the decision to end my IBO career. You know all the reasons. I still want to see the class go on and grow but it does not look like that is what is happening. I hope at some point to catch up with you and Beedy before the summer ends. I have had a great year. Done ok shooting ASA so far. Took the money I would have spent shooting the Triple Crown and came up to Michigan smallmouth fishing. Wow was that fun.
In all these threads I think everyone has missed my point. The rules are notthe problem to me. The lack of participation is the problem and the fact that the rule changes were for 3DI and a team WAS NOT sent. I know the Europeans changed their rules so IBO decided not to send a team. As I said before I will be real interested to see what happens in 09. With RU dropping to a record low turnout I wonder if they will have anyone to ask to go to the 3DI let alone if they will evensend a team.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 AM

Ouch!!!!! The gas prices are killing us. I hope something changes for 2009 or archery as a whole is going to suffer. Looking at the turnout for Nelsonville, RU- 3 shooters, LB- 7 shooters, TRD- 12 shooters. Wow I know that Nelsonville historically has been the smallest turnout but ..... The question for 09 may not be is the IBO sending a team to the 3DI but are they going to continue to have the classes? BTW CONGRATS to the winners you posted some very fine scores.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Best of luck to all the participants in LB,TRD, & RU.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:15 AM

FINGERS

HOPEFULLY WE'LL RUN INTO EACH OTHER THIS NEXT YEAR.
GOOD LUCK HUNTING. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE DRAWN FOR A MICHIGAN ELK, I GOT THE DECEMBER HUNT WITH A CHOICE OF BULL, COW, OR A CALF. I'M GOING TO TRY BITH A BOW FOR A FEW DAY THEN I'LL USE A GUN. DECEMBER CAN'T GET HERE QUICK EGOUGH.

JIM
Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 AM

Jim congrats on the elk tag. Best of luck in that hunt. Be sure to send me some pictures. Also good luck at the World. I am not going as you already know. Austin can now go because school is starting later than he originally thought. I would like to go with him so he doesn't have to travel alone but in checking the cost....$67 to shoot + $10 late fee + membership. Holy smokes I would have nearly $110 in it and what would i be shooting for a belt buckle. Besides as someone pointed out to me on another board RU numbers are only down because of gas prices and no one thinks they can beat Randy. Have a great fall and I hope to see you soon my friend.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 AM

Congrats to the winners! Mighty fine shooting boys. Numbers for the World are about what they have been for the last three years. The World is not a good indicator of the attendance of these classes because they have been held in three different locations. Only time will tell if these classes are going to survive or if tournament archery in general will survive. Best of luck to all in 2009.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:13 AM

Well 2009 is nearly upon us. I wonder what will happen this year?????? It is the 3DI year and will IBO send a team? If they do how will they decide who is on it? I heard about the exhibition 3DI shoot that they had at Hocking College. I also heard that perhaps IBO was interested in doing some more like it in the future. I for one would like to know if things like this are going to happen in the future how does the IBO propose to make teams? What is the criteria for participation??