HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting-24/)
-   -   Thanks Ken (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting/226919-thanks-ken.html)

Finger 01-12-2008 05:41 PM

Thanks Ken

Ken thank you for joining with ASA & NFAA and adopting a max diameter for arrows. It is refreshing to folks in this industry agreeing.

sctf520 01-12-2008 10:37 PM

RE: Thanks Ken

Can you or someone quote this rule or tell me where I can read it. I just read the rule book and I didn't see anything pertaining to arrow diameter. Thank you.

Finger 01-14-2008 10:12 AM

Was just adopted Friday. Doubtful anything will be in print before any of the organizations has their next shoot. Hopefully there will be a press release of some type to give everyone who does not access the internet a heads up.

Judy4 01-14-2008 12:54 PM

TheIBO, ASA and NFAA diddiscuss this at the ATA Show
BUT nothingwasadopted by the IBO.

Itwill bediscussed by the IBO Board of Directors very soon.

Again this was not adopted at the ATA Show by the IBO Board.

Finger 02-05-2008 05:59 PM

Opps my bad. I apologize for thinking that the IBO President could make a decision on the spot.

fasstfletch 02-05-2008 10:38 PM

I need to be educated on this subject. To date my knowledge of this subject has been very limited. As I understand the subject, the question is whether or not a larger diameter arrow is going to be allowed. Can someone give the Pro's and Con's on the subject using logic for a ruling thatmay be made.

bluejacket 02-06-2008 10:27 AM

Doug,
From my perspective;
In the past the IBO has been hesitant to enact any rules which would limit further developement of archery products. It is the general belief that all of our manufacturers should continue to pursue "better, stronger, faster, and most importantly more accurate, safe and cost effective" products for the benefit of all.
This discussion comes from the reality that as an individual, or company continues to seek 1 more point or x-ringby way of larger shafts, it is having an economic impact in the form of target distruction. That impact is felt as an increasing cost to host or participate in archery events in every format. Limiting product developement is not something taken very lightly, but must be weighed against the additional financial impact it imparts to those participateing in the sport. As Judy indicated, the IBO BODare and will be discussing this matterin detail very soon. Stay tuned....
Chris Turner
IBO Sec/Treas.

fasstfletch 02-06-2008 10:45 PM

Chris,

Thank you for your reply. This information somewhat gives me a little better understanding of the reasoning that may influence the decision of the BOD. The manufacturers will be providing much of the technical information I'm guessing to guide the people making the decisions. The real impact of this equipment on the game and targets may take some time but I am sure that all things will be considered by the BOD. Any governing body has a tough job when decisions like this become necessary but I am sure that the decision when it comes will be for the benefit of the majoority and the good of the game.

Thank you for your reply.

Doug Brisbane