Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 brilliant idea at Bedford????? >

brilliant idea at Bedford?????

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

brilliant idea at Bedford?????

Old 05-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Default RE: brilliant idea at Bedford?????

After reading the items on this post for 3 days I have decided to respond. Normally I don't answer these just hoping they will go away. Mike was working all day Friday and could not shoot. I know this because Mike shot with myself and two others on Sat. morning. When we checked in, myself and one other shooter were finished with 40 targets. Mike and Alex wanted to continue to shoot. I saw Mike later and he had completed 30 targets and said he was going out first thing Sun morning to shoot his other 10 targets. Mike and I both shoot MCBH and were assigned ranges A,B,C, and D. I have shot many times with Mike and he does not abuse his time at the stake. I feel that you just have an axe to grind with Mike and this is not the place to do it. I also will be at Erie and would be glad to talk to you.
Jack Romeo
Michigan IBO Rep

Old 05-26-2007, 09:44 PM

Again the IBO has to point fingers at it members.

When I left the course, and I was 2 groups behind Mike Sheppard's group there were only 3 people in the scorers tent when I got there, let me say that again 3 so calling me a liar is unwarranted, unless you were one of the 3. I admit I didn't check the boards to see what classes were shooting the courses, but I did ask at the tent on staurday morning and they told me just the HC and the MBR classes were on the courses I was shooting, A,B,C,D.

The IBO protects it's own no matter what and I will chat will each and everyone of you in Erie, especially you Bluejacket, you are doing nothing more that trying to make me out to be the bad guy, why? You must have an axe to grind with me...????

Stringman you say I have an axe to grind with a man I DON"T EVEN KNOW, and shoot a DIFFERENT class then Mike, so why would I have anything against him, I don't. I just know who he is.

I admit I didn't have my facts straight about what classes were shooting the course, I just went by what they told me at the tent saturday morning which lead to me assuming Mike was shooting the pro class on Sunday since he was on D, and then I was told he didn't shoot the pro class, which lead to the long stabilizer issue, which I didn't look up. So being wrong on one part brings in more errors on my part. I was only wrong on who was shooting the course with the HC. Ken Shepperd's group in fact was taking more time than allowed regardless if he was shooting in the CUB class, long stabilizer, or slingshot. Were any of those said he wasn't taking too much time there with him? No, so why are you calling me a liar?

Again folks as you can see the IBO protects one of it's own and they will continue to badger those who don't agree or have an issue with one of their own. You don't see them defending anyone else on here?

As you read in my earlier post I got my answers from Ken Watkins, the only one with guts enough to answer and I said this issue was closed to me but yet the IBO Reps continue.

I will gladly chat with any and all of the IBO officials at Erie, Nelsonville or the Worlds, in fact I plan to.

Like I said this issue is closed..........let it go....
Old 05-27-2007, 04:06 PM

OK! I don't usually get involved in discussions like this, mostly because I am new to the IBO rules. However, I am willing to learn and keep an open mind. As my club is hosting its first IBO event we have studied the rules carefully! So I do have a couple of questions - First question, is there a separate rule book for Triple Crowns? I have an IBOrule book and some of the statements made here are NOT what my IBO rule book says!

For example I hear allot of complaining about the IBO Representatives not doing this or that - My rule book states that the shoot is hosted by a club in this case it was hosted by White River Bowhunters Bedford, IN. In that case, it is the host that sets the cost, provides the facilities, targets, insurance, trophies, checks, provides for protest committee and so forth.

All the IBO gets is the $5.00, not $6.00, for every archer and $1.50 of each goes to the World purse and $3.50 goes to the IBO operating fund. Now just so you know for that $3.50 the IBO sends out advertising of the shoot, advertises the shoot in the year book, provides score cards, provides rule books, and manages the paper work concerning the invitations, along with administrative work of running the Organization and office overhead. I guess I don't see anybody getting rich off of that $3.50. In fact I find it amazing that IBO can do all that for $3.50 per archer.

Now as for complaining to a IBO Representative! They specifically state in the agreement between the host and IBO and I quote "If a IBO representative were available, there only function would be to explain the IBO rules as printed." Notice it does not say make a decision or get involve in protest or complaint management, all of that falls on the host club.

In fact, the only factual rule I can see in all of this, now I am not sure of that, is the two minute maximum rule to complete a shot. Rule 5 states "Each archer shall be allowed a maximum of two minutes to complete his or her shot." I don't see anything here about prosrequiring longer or shorter times. Someone mentioned a minute for pros, don't see that anywhere! It is two minutes an that is that!

If you had a issue with the pros taking to long the issue should have been taken up with the host clubs roving range official that was on the course. It was up to the range official toconfront the group! He then has the option of deducting 5 points from a individual or can deduct 5 points from every member of the group for each violation. Continued time violations is considered unsportsmanlike conduct and is dealt with under rule F-4-a thru h.

Like I said in the beginning, I have a open mind and trying to learn the complexities of the IBO rules, perhaps I am all wet here and there is yet another rule book but I believe that there has been allot of space and writing here on none factual statements.

Confused!!!

Mike -

Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 PM

First off...I don't like to get into the middle of any of these types of discussion on any board for several reasons but mainly because this is what gives archery a bad name. BUT....Mr. pfiermka had you been in the group that I was in on Sunday morning that was directly behind Mr. Sheppard you would have seen that his group was moving right with the crowd. If Iam notmistaken...there may have even been 5 in his group. Not I or anyone in my group thought they was taken too much time and they "Mike" was moving properly...maybe you should take you anger or frustrations out on the IBO and not directly on Mr. Sheppard...oh he is a rep or director which makes him fair game right?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:36 AM

As pfiermka has stated, he has gotten the answers from Ken Watkins, I would thinkthat if the parties involved would like to discuss these issuses Erie would be the place in which to do it. merwin10 has quoted the rule book exactly the way it is written. As a IBO Representative and when I'm competing, I am a competitor first, I will answer questions, but I will not get in the face of others unless a serious rules infraction has occured.
It is a shooters responseabilitiy to report rules infractions to a range offical, if that means leaving your group or waiting until you get to the checkstation. That is up to the individual and or the serious of the rules violation.I was on Range D early Sunday morning as a competitor the Semi-Pro's were assigned that range. As I approached target 9 and could see back over the hill I did notice that the range was "full" When you add about 70 shooters to a range it might make it a little crowded.
Every one has made valid points in this post. Unfortunatly
Mike Sheppard has been publicly called out as the rules violator. I haveknown Mike several years, his dedication to this organization alongwith all the other Director's, State Representatives and office staff is unbelievable. I take it personally when I read these posts, and I know it bothers others too. We as an organization try our best to make sure each and every event is held with the shooters thoughts first.
A tremendious amount of time and effort by White River Bowhunters to change some ofthe ranges was put in before thisevent. I was at Gem City yesterday for a fund raiser event for Hunt of a Lifetime and a fair share of their ranges have been changed for the 2nd leg of the triple crown. I'm thinking Nelsonville will make some changes too!!
We all have a considerable amount of time and money invested in a sport in which we love to compete in. It is my opinion that we as individuals need to think of how our words and actions will effect those that our words and actions are directed towards. Again this is my opinion
have asafe and enjoyable Memorial Day and remember what is truly important in life!! Was being held up at a few targets worth all the effort that everyone has put into these posts over the past week or are there many moreimportant issues in this world in which we live in?
Sincerely,
Rudy Abersold
IBO State Representative Coordinator
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 AM

there were only 3 people in the scorers tent when I got there, let me say that again 3 so calling me a liar is unwarranted, unless you were one of the 3.
We have a bingo!
pfiermka,
For the record, nowhere in all of this thread that I can find, has anyone called you a liar. I have, and will continue to point out mis-information, especially when it is used in a personal mannor. You have asked why I and others have responded as we have. No, I do not have an "axe to grind" with you, and hope to keep it that way. However, just as you feel that you should be able to come onto a public forum and freely express your opinions, everyone reading those opinions are equally free to express theirs in responce. When incorrect information is publically presented as fact, and I am aware of it, I feel a responsibility to help correct that information for any reading who may be forming their opinions by what is posted here. Personally, I am perfectly happy to believe that you simply got frustrated by a slower pace and the fact that additional shooters were added to your range Sunday. I prefer to believe that it is this frustration, rather than a personal grudge, that motivated you to proceed in what I believe to be an inappropriate mannor. I can easily appologise if the actions of either the IBO or White River Bowhunters were the cause of that frustration, but I can not condone personal public attacks. A couple of months ago we had another individual post in frustration without first checking the facts, and after being called to task by others on this forum he ended up making a public appology to those wrongly accused. You do harm to an individual when you procede as you have, and it should not be tolerated by anyone.

Merwin10,
There is not a seperate rulebook for the National Events, but there are seperate contracts. Gene is correct that last year an additional $1.00 per shooter was added to the base $5.00 to help offset the additional expence of our paid staff helping with registration and data entry and compiling. So from each National event a total of $6.00 per shooter is paid,with $3.50 going for general operations, $1.00 to offset event specific costs, and $1.50 going into the World purse for shooter payouts.
We (the IBO directors, State Reps ect..) do regularly participate more at these Major events, due to the complexity that their size creates. It does however remain the primary responcibility of the host club to organise and operate the event.

I am always willing to listen as shooters have questions or wish to offer complaints. Sometimes they point out things that are easy to agree with and provide opportunities to improve our events. Sometimes, they have not been aware of all of the circumstances creating a situation and I must politely disagree and offer an attempt to help them understand why things are the way they are. Not everyone will accept that attempt. As it pertains to this thread specifically, I was denied the opportunity to intervene before the fecal matter struck the rotary ossilator and the harm was done. Now we find ourselves here. If anyone wishes to talk with myself or any of the other Directors or staff on hand, all you have to do is ask.

Chris Turner
IBO - Director

Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 AM

Very well said Rudy.............. Have a safe memorial weekend buddy..
Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 AM

I just wanted to say MBR was on range ijkl not abcd.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 AM

Thank You Chris for enlightening me on the IBO payment for each Archer $6.00 versus $5.00. Even at that I still don't know how IBO does what it does. I am sure that no one is getting rich off of the fees - Please keep up the great work you all do!

If I am off base with the rules I try hard to learn the true intent of the wording!

As I stated I am new to all of this and trying very hard to learn the complexities of IBO rules!

My Thanks Again! Have a great Memorial weekend!

Mike -
Old 05-28-2007, 07:45 PM

Well put Rudy

Quick Reply: brilliant idea at Bedford?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.