Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 brilliant idea at Bedford????? >

brilliant idea at Bedford?????

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

brilliant idea at Bedford?????

Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Default RE: brilliant idea at Bedford?????

when you came off the range did you ask to file a protest I know for a fact there were none filed. So you really don't know what would have been done had you filed one. you are either part of the solution or part of the problem by not taking the steps needed to bring the problem forward at the time when something can be done then you are part of the problem and trash talking people here is not going to solve anything, and just so you know the IBO receives $6 per shooter at any national shoot no matter what class it is. everything above the normal entry fee that a pro pays goes into their winnings.

Gene Bihler
IBO shoot Director
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 PM

I did mention it at the tent after I was finished and they just looked at me. As you can tell by other posts that this was an issue.

And it is ok to mention someone’s name in a post because it is a fact he, Mike Sheppard, was in the slow group and I did witness it, my friend. As I said I did mention and a lot of good that did. So who could I say anything to if I can't find an IBO rep, because they sure didn't have a way to identify them if they were even there.

That is some statement, saying that someone should be removed from the range. The IBO is not going to remove one of their own from the range, so who is the governing body then? You? me? another shooter?

I didn't bypass the IBO, I have no faith in the IBO management after what happened in Nelsonville 2 years ago as mentioned in the very abridged version as noted above.

It wasn't frustrating for me because I have shot many of the IBO shoots and I know what to expect, I just think it wasn't a good idea to put the pros, the slowest shooters, on the course with the most shooters, the HC. I wonder why they did that knowing tha some of the HC shooters had 20 targets to go.

And I think that if you do have a problem you should be able to walk up to any IBO official, whether it is Ken Watkins, Mike Sheppard, or Gene and let them know what is going on, BUT If you don't know what they look like then you have no idea who they are because the don't wear name tags which brings me back to my question......

Why doesn't the IBO crew wear name tags so we know who they are?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Anyone can become a PRO all you have to do is anny up the entry fee. If you win yes you will get a nice check compared to the ametuers.

pfiermka if I was you I would not be talking about that,cause one day you might be up there with them, then how would that make you feel?

These Pro's have worked there butt off to get where they are at, so don't talk complain because they are winning, they might get mad at you
Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM

you are making your point based on what you think would or would nothave happened. there are radios at every check tent all anyone has to do is tell them they want to see an IBO official. the point is if someone is just complaining it can be looked into but unless an official sees them or a group protest them it could be you just not likeing someone. the pro's that are held up get upset as much as you do but they will not protest one of their own. just so you know the girl that was at the check point gave the names of the two groups and they will be talked to before the next shoot but with only a complaint that is all that can be done now that it is over.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:42 PM

For the record, I was at the check tent for ABCD Sunday morning when Mr Shepherd came off, and remained there until the ranges closed. I do wear a name tag, which designates both my name and director status. No-one asked to speak with an IBO official regarding a potential shooter protest, and no-one indicated a problem with Mr. Shepherd or his shooting group.
Chris Turner
IBO Director
Old 05-22-2007, 09:05 PM

Thats interesting Gene, the person I talked to about the issue at the tent was a man not a woman, so there was more than one complaint?

Gene I have seen what you can do 2 years ago at Nelsonville when you tried to disqualify my friend adn you all were wrong and we proved it, so I don't base what I say on what I think might happen, I state it based on the history there and the dealings of the past.

There is no one in the pros or IBO that I dislike because I don't know any of them, I just think it was a bad decision to put the pros with the HC, and I know for a fact, as I have said all along, there was at least one group of pros that were taking up to 20 minutes at a target.

Why should you have to go to one of the scoring tents to get an IBO official? They should be readily available, right? I never saw one the whole time I was there, where were they?

You state "nothing can be done unless an official sees them doing it...", how is that possible? I never saw an official out on any part of a course at any time checking, let alone an IBO official.

I never said that the pros didn't work hard to get there and yes I know how I would feel. So are you saying because they worked hard to get there they can bend the rules? That's the way it sounds by your statement. Do you honestly think I care if they get mad at me? If they can't handle the heat, in this case the scrutiny, then get out of the kitchen. Yes I may be there some day and I would follow the rules just like I do now. I am no way picking on the pros or any one for that matter. I believe if you have something you want to bring out and let those responsible for it know, then you bring it to light. If they disagree then so be it, but it gives others the chance to see what happened out there and based on other posts that have showed up lately about the pros, there must be some merit there, right.

Gene, why don't you all make yourselves readily available? and why don't you all wear some kind of identifications, name tags or shirts as proud representatives of the IBO so we can approach you without going through all the parties in between? When we had the issue in Nelsonville, Ken Watkins said over the radio and I quote "I am washing my hands of this, I don't want to deal with it so I put it in Gene's hands". My friend was telling his problem to the ladies behind the table and you over heard and tried to sneak out of the tent along with a couple of other IBO officials, until I said something to you, then you had to address the issue. So what makes me want to go the official route? We tried that and you all tried to sneak out, actually there was 3 other IBO officials who tried to sneak out as well. I saw this with my own eyes and I spoke up. Then we had to argue with you until we got the proof that proved that you were wrong, no apology, just an oh well from you.

No one has answered the question about the name tags yet.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:24 AM

Here let me solve this whole problem...................

pfiermka since you have alot of complaints. here is what you can do to care of this.

1. Be at every tent to make sure the groups are busted
2. Make sure the ranges are set right
3.Walk every range to make sure everyone is ok, and no one is going over the time limit
4. Answer question
5. Solve problems
6. Tally up daily scores

If you do all that man there won't be any problems, cause you stepped up to help out.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:24 PM

I have a lot of complaints? I have 2, now that does not cover a lot.

Winger could you list them here for me.

Bluejacket you were not there when I got off course D, 3 groups behind Mr. Sheppard, There were only 3 guys in the tent, none of which had a name tag on, unless one of them was you, but you said you had a name tag on. The only ones around or in the tent were the group I shot with and the 3 guys behind the table checking cards??????

you guys keep bringing other things into the post, for example:
1) How hard the pros work to get where they are.
2) Indicating that I may be saying this because I don't like someone, which is not true because I don't know any of the pros.
3) Telling me that the IBO only makes $6 per shooter, That was never brought up by me, and it is not a concern of mine. The TN rep wrote "compensation???" tha't why it was addressed.
4) to solve the problem I would have to do every step in the process to make things go smoothly, I though that was the responsibility of the IBO officials???? Winger #3 is the only concern out of your list I mentioned, none of the others so why say them. I thought the courses were great, challenging and fun to shoot. I commented to my buddy that this was the smoothest run IBO shoot I have been to up until the pros were put on the HC courses sunday morning.
5) indicating that I trash talked someone.....please cut and paste on your post so I know where I did that. Everything I said when I involved another person is based on fact, that's not trash talk.

The list goes on.....

Boy, you guys cannot address the questions, lets try this one more time:
1) Why don't (bluejacket said he did) the IBO representatives wear name tags?
2) Why doesn't the IBO have a booth at the shoots where compliments, questions, protest and complaints be made? The booth space is probably free for them.
3) Who made the decision to put the Pros on the same courses C and D sunday morning? and why?
4) Gene this one is for you, who did I trash talk? cut and paste my text in your post so I know and can apologize if in fact I did.
5) Winger don't forget to list my complaints.....since I have a lot of them.

Now if you can't answer those simple questions without bringing more things, again that would raise my concerns as to who is running the IBO and what are they really compromised of and doing for it's members.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Ok alot might got out of hand but why don't you call the office and talk to Ken yourself about this stuff I know he will answer anything you want to ask him.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Another thing why don't you tell us who you are?

Quick Reply: brilliant idea at Bedford?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.