Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 IBO Upgrades What would you like? >

IBO Upgrades What would you like?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO Upgrades What would you like?

Old 03-18-2007, 07:21 PM

Default IBO Upgrades What would you like?

Well I would say the lighting was the bare minimal of acceptable. Temps for late Sunday morning were okay for shooters. It looks like most women that came along to support there men and families encouragement would have been board and uncomfortably cold. Why have it there? Its not a attraction for the show. Not all the archers are interested in the show. I would be fine with shooting in a separate building like a empty grocery store. If I wanted to go the the show afterwords fine I will make it. My understandings is that Cleveland / IX want 24K out on the main floor space. Okay why? Again if the shooter are not interesting to the show promoters and the shooter are not interested in the show or the space provided what is the interested party? I came away with the impression the Parma archers {people who do care} are less than happy with the IBO and purse strings / leadership {surprised?} . If you are strong willed you should not shy away from doing your part to compel the IBO for honesty. We all participate {as we should} we all should insist upon constant improvement in the competitive archery events we all love. Unsportsmanlike conduct should not be hidden in any part of this origination. Work for productive change by asking for better and insisting on effort. Brainstorming? Ideas? Typing out loud {small case please}
By the way they had the scores posted Sunday evening! That is a big upgrade in my opinion. Thank You[8D]
Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IBO Upgrades What would you like?

Well last year i shot the Cleveland shoot and didnt like it. The thing i didnt like most about it was that there was too much cheating. After target 1 the other guys in my group went to pull their arrows and walked across the range to the next target and walked their yardage off!!!! It made me so mad, but the guys in my group werent the only ones doing it either. And you wonder why you get so many high scores in that shoot? Thats why. But the most appauling part about it was that the guy up on the stand was watching them do it!!!!! and he didnt even say anything about it.
Sorry had to vent. But i also think they should give more time to shoot each target. even though it is IBO rules it seemed like i didnt even have enough time to set my site when i was shooting YMR15-17. And it made me shake all over the target and make poor shots.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 AM

I also noticed a group of archers shooting early Sunday morning hat were walking upto the next target and checking it out. I mentined it to one of the gentamen that was giving us our preshoot instruction. It would have been way obvios because these guys were out ahead of other groups shooting at target stations in the 30's by 9:45-10:00 Approx?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Then they must have been shooting early, and cheating early obviously. These officials should keep a better eye out for these guys walking thier yardage off.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:02 PM

i would like to see the national triple crown move around instead of being hosted by the same places every year. the world shoot gets moved, why does the national triple crown stay in place? a change of scenery would be nice.

i would also like to see the host clubs that charge a fee for parking spend some of that money on parking.....as in gravel, or asphalt.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:16 PM

I hear ya Keith, a little further south would be nice every once in a while! Like KY, TN, NC, AR,VA that would be nice
Old 03-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

The reason i think they dont move them is because those clubs can afford those shoots each year. Snowshoe i guess just couldnt afford the world shoot anymore. And i dont think IBO will move the World down south because the world is supposed to be the toughest shoot of them all, needing hills to shoot on. Down south there just aren as many hills as there are here up north. Sorry if i offended anybody on that comment, it wasnt ment to be an insult.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 PM

"And i don't think IBO will move the World down south because the world is supposed to be the toughest shoot of them all, needing hills to shoot on."

i don'tthink that is the case, anyonewho hasshot nelsonville in thebottoms knows you don't need hills to make a shoot tough....i just would like to see some different terrain. too many times i have heard someone say "there was a lion here two years ago" or "this is where they put the alligator last year" folks that have the abilityto remember ranges have a definite advantage. i find myselfremembering lanes and target placement, although my mind doesn't allow me to remember the yardage like some do...

the world shoot is a very large venue. i cannot imagine the leg work involved in hosting anevent of that size. it is my understanding that it goes out for bid, and the staff ofthe ibo checks out the folks who show an interest in hosting the shoot to see if they are capable of pulling it off. the needs are long, parking, shuttles, rooms, food, vendor areas, ranges, practice ranges, fbh setup, and lord knows what else. however, some of the folks that submit bids for the world shoot and do not get it could host a leg of the national triple crown.....

Old 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I agree that some other shoots should have a big shoot, but i dont think that IBO will want to move them.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:34 PM
sm
Spike

I would like more than 1 IBO shoot within a 500 mile radius of me.[:-] (MT)

Quick Reply: IBO Upgrades What would you like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.