Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Question for Ken (president of IBO) >

Question for Ken (president of IBO)

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Question for Ken (president of IBO)

Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Question for Ken (president of IBO)

I think we shot together last year at snowshoe if I remember correctly you shoot for martin right?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Yeah thats me. Are you going to shoot any of the national triple crown. Maybe we'll hook up in Bedford.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM

it all depends on how I finish up for the southern. right now its looking good but if I do go up there that sounds like a good plan to me.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:46 PM

Im sure by now Ken has read the post and I would like to add this: I think that IBO should incourage people to shoot and do whatever possible to get more people to come to these shoots. Now for example if IBO had a SOY program for the ymr 15-17 class you would have people like Tom Martinelli Jr show up at the southern triple crown for at least one shoot in the 3 so that he would be eligble for the SOY, but with the way it is now it is not worth his time nor money to come down to one of these events. thats the same reason I have never shot a national triple crown event. You dont even have to give us a 4-wheeler(It would be nice though) you could give a nice trophy or something or a belt buckle for the SOY. People will do alot for a belt buckle, By the time the southern triple crown is over my dad and I will have spent over 1000$ for me to chase a belt buckle worth 100$. If i shoot the national it will probably be double that by the time you figure the extra gas in.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:45 PM

I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS. MY SON SON SHOOTS YMR 13-14 AND HE ALSO WORKS VERY HARD. I KNOW THAT IF THEY OFFERED SOY FOR THE YOUTH CLASSES, WE WOULD AT LEAST BE ATTENDING THE BEDFORD SHOOT SINCE WE WILL HAVE ATTEDED ALL 3 OF THE STC. BUT WITH ALL THE $ WE HAVE SPENT (THERE ARE 3 OF US), WE HAVE TO CUT COSTS SOMEWHERE, ESPECIALLY SINCE THERE IS NOT ANY RECOGNITION FOR THE HARD WORK THE YOUTH DEVOTE. I KNOW IF IF WEREN'T FOR MY SON AND THE ENJOYMENT HE HAS SHOOTING AND COMPETING, WE WOULD NOT BE DOING ALL OF THIS TRAVELING & SPENDING MONEY, NOT TO ALL THE TIME WE TAKE OFF WORK, ETC.

P.S. HI ALABAMAARCHER
Old 03-15-2007, 05:22 AM

".....THERE IS NOT ANY RECOGNITION FOR THE HARD WORK THE YOUTH DEVOTE."

I believe there are, have been, and if we don't ruin it, will be several young adults who would disagree. Those who have earned and take advantageof the scholarship program we try so hard to protect. This program may or may not mean anything to you, but for several of our past youth participants,the hard work and success has been recognised with a major jump start to their college education. I don't see that as a small thing at all.

I agree we should do what we can to encourageshooters to participate. I believe we try to do just that. I'm just not so sure that it would work to scrap our current efforts and substitute buckles, game boysor some other trinket in its place. If a 2 year scholarship is not enough encouragement to shoot the National Championship, I'm concerned that your expectations might just be set a bit too high.

This is, of course, just my opinion.

P.S. I take time away from work, spend the money to attend "almost" every shoot, and oftendon'teven take the time to shoot an arrow, all just to help ensure that youcontinue to have the opportunity to take advantage of our meager offerings. I won't get a buckle either, but I would prefer it staysthat way. And I'm not alone.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 AM

I see what your saying blue jacket but isnt the scholarship program only for the national triple crown overall? What im trying to say is I look at the IBO's schedule and see 3 tournaments and those are the worlds, the national triple crown, and the southern triple crown. therefore its hard for me to justify going to bedford because even if i won by a million points I would still be unsure if I could make the other 2, but if there was a SOY program I might not be to concerned about just going to bedford for the SOY points. every organization I shoot in has a SOY program for the 15-17, class why not IBO?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys i'm back, sorry it took so long but i had to leave. Isee whatyou are saying bluejacket. But There are SOY programs for other shooters at the grees stake, for example the MBR class, they have an SOY, and they shoot fromn the same distance as we do. Thus my meaning for the SOY in my class. I think Ken really needs to think this over, and also think about the thousands of kids that love the sport of archery and give them something HUGE to look forward to, if we had a Buckle for SOY in my class there would be alot more shooters in IBO, which also brings more money to the IBO so that they can afford these TC Shoots. It would bring great joy to all ofthe kidsin my classif we had a SOY program, I am 99.9 percent positive that it would. Alsop, Ben and Tom mabey we can all hook up at the NTC if you two go, i know i'm going to three out of the four events, i have to miss Nelsonville. Mabey we can all stay at the same hotel or get eachothers cell numbers so that we can meet at the NTC.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:07 AM

I wouldnt say that it would increase particapation by a whole lot but last year there were 55 people that shot at least one event in the national triple crown in 15-17 but there only 13 who shot at least one event in the southern triple crown. if you look at the names the people who shoot the southern hardly ever shoot in any of the national. I think that a soy program might mix it up a little if you give a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd buckle your looking at 200$ is that really alot of money to spend to get more people at these tournaments?

P.S. Hey Bowmom yall have fun in texas my dad and I decided we aint gonna go
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM

The scholarship is for ohio residents only. I Have accumulated close to 2 years, but i would still have to pay instate tuition.

Quick Reply: Question for Ken (president of IBO)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.