HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting-24/)
-   -   thinking of starting to shoot 3D... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting/175033-thinking-starting-shoot-3d.html)

Greg / MO 01-12-2007 10:52 PM

thinking of starting to shoot 3D...

I've heard lots of people talk about the benefit of having some sort of folding stool to carry with you on the 3D course... Can anyone give suggestions on what works and what doesn't? Brands, and where you bought them?

Also, pics would be greatly helpful if you could take the time to snap a couple and post them...

Thanks in advance!!

PA.JAY 01-13-2007 08:34 AM

RE: thinking of starting to shoot 3D...

folding stools are only good @ MAJOR events because it gets really backed up in front of you . A hip quiver is the best thing & a pro pod is also a plus .

Greg / MO 01-13-2007 06:14 PM

Ahh... another item I'd forgot about -- a hip quiver. Any good suggestions on brands there? Anything to look for or to look out for?

Again, thanks!

hoytshooter1977 01-15-2007 06:44 PM

A folding stool is a very good choice for use in 3D tournaments. We build them in our shop for shooters and sell them for $29.95 ready to use. You can build your own with a few simple items. First, get you a folding stool that is comfortable when you sit in it. It needs to have a fairly straight back so that it doesn't get in the way of your arrows when you carry it or sit down in it. next get a couple of golf bag tubes from Wal-Mart in the sporting goods section. Cut them to the length of your arrows from the tip to about an inch or so below the fletchings. You will need to get a pair of them. They are usually about a $1.00 a piece. We use camouflage duct tape to secure them to the legs of the chair and to make a bottom for the arrow/golf tubes. Secure the tubes so that they stick out the back of the chair when secured to the folding legs of the chair. The arrows will stick out the back of the chair and not get in the way when sitting in it. The chairs that we build come with carrying straps on them and have a small compartment underneath the seat to carry extra supplies/ food etc. Wal-Mart,Bass Pro Shops and many other sporting goods stores carry these chairs and they are very handy. I use mine at all of the IBO and BHA shoots that I go to and have not carried a hip quiver since building mine. It is very helpful when you want to carry a sandwich or snack along to munch on while waiting at the stake. I even rode the ski lift at Snowshoe the last few years while carrying mine and it has never been a problem to use.
Good luck with getting started.

djkiller 01-15-2007 08:50 PM

The proshop I deal w/ here in grand rapids has stools for archers. It is a folding chair that has a zipper pocket under the chair. Good for storing tools and drinks. Also has a built hip quiver to hold arrows. Also has a back rest. Looks just like a 4 leg small hunting chair w/ quiver built in. I saved $15.00 and bought one at Wallmart and taped and cut 4 golf club bag tubes. Just like the one that is sold. Total cost was $20.00.