Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

SOY Profiles

Old 12-27-2006, 12:13 PM

Default SOY Profiles

Hey Ken or Judy, I have one question, why is the AHC Shooter of the Year never profiled in the yearbook along with the other class Shooters of the Year. By the way I didn't see thePMR SOY either, just wondering I feel all of them should be featured, just curious, thanks!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:48 PM

Default RE: SOY Profiles

The office is closed untill 1-2-07 for the holiday's, so they may not be able to respond untill then. However, the request for information usually goes out to all of the SOY winners. We do not always get a complete responce. If the shooter does not submit the info, it can't be printed. I understand we got a much better responce this year then last, but there remains a few stragglers. I don't really know who is missing, but I am confident that a lack of returned information is the cause.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 AM

We sent out the SOY Profile to all 2006 winners. If they are not printed in the Yearbook it is because they were not returned. I even called and reminded everyone this year.
I thought the Profiles look good this year. The photo's were taken and provided by Unique Images. They were set up at the 2006 IBO World Championship.

Judy
Old 01-09-2007, 07:35 PM

The SOY for the Advanced Hunter Class for 2006 was James Ennis. He is from Opp, Alabama and is the owner/operator of White Oak Archery in Opp. He has been shooting competitions since the early 80's. He shot a Matthews Switchback to win the Southern Triple Crown and a Matthews Apex 7 at Erie and Nelsonville. His bows are set at 62 pounds with Easton Fatboy arrows and shoots 283 f.p.s with his setup. He not only operates his shop but helps the local high school and middle school kids that compete in our Covington County Youth Archery Association tournaments as well. He has helped a lot of them that would not have had the oppurtunity to compete in archery otherwise.
As Judy said though James was not able to complete his form and get a picture in by the deadline. James not only won the shooter of the year for the advanced hunter class for IBO but went on to win the shooter of the year for the state of Alabama in the BHA Trail Shoot series for the Bowhunter Advanced Class as well. Thanks to Ken and Judy and all of the great people that we got to shoot with in both the Southern and Northern Championship Triple Crowns. We met and got to shoot with a lot of great people along the way. Thanks for making 2006 a great year and we look forward to another great year with IBO in 2007.