Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

worlds participation.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: worlds participation.

I believe Nelsonville is run by Hocking College whom is also repsonsible for donating scholorships to the youth classes.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Hey Huffman I take back the 75-80% but i believe most of your shooters come from the NE,With that said I agree with Matt.Those are the questions we should be asking.Job well done Matt lets see if they answer you.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Wheeeere's Wayne?????????
I would like to see answers to these questions also.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM

Well I guess that the change is bringing out the families that did not want a change. In the six years that I attended the shoots at Snowshoethere were people that shot and never came back. Broken bones, bad weather, and a few others that I will not mention. Snowshoe always tried it best to make everyone happy and some people still never came back but at first the newcomers filled the voids and the attendance did not suffer. In seven years the attendance was dropping due to many factors which are factors beyond everyone's control. When we left the Worlds at Peak and Peak and went to the Shoe the same thing happened but 3D was still growing. This could be a long discussion with no resolution that would satisfy 100% of the Shooters. The IBO has made a decision based on what it thinks is necessary to keep the majority of it members satisfied and competeing. The majority is what the IBO must satisfy and Individual stories and disatisfactions can only be heard and numbered until they seem to become the MAJORITY. The deceision was not made overnight and the responsible parties feel that they have made a decision which will satisify the majority for the forseeable future. Family participation is very important and is always a consideration when the responsible parties have to make a decision that involves the total membership. When The worlds left Peak and Peak and went to the Shoe many people welcomed the move and many more were unhappy so it seemed but the change was necessary for contractual reasons. I am happy to see a change and I hope that it will get my family to go back to the shoot. Right now Anderson, Ind. is the best World Championship that we have never shot.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:49 AM

I will tell you why...

Because they don't care.
they want what is best for them (the orginazation of the top staff).

You as a member of an orginazation do not get a vote or chance to speak out until the decisions have already been made.
Wow, wasn't there a time in history that had something like this???

Oh yeah, It was when Hitler made the decisions for everyone for them![:-]
Old 09-08-2006, 07:21 AM

Supershark, Superdave and few others thats been whinning

Hitler, come on man. You guy'shave cried,whinnnned , boohooed for a week now. If you don't want to come, DON'T. I don't know you, so I am not really going to miss you if you don't. They'er are others that will enjoy the shoot and have fun. Thats who the people running the programwill focus on NOT you.
They had 1900 shooters this year. Another drop in shooters. Becuase of prices and what not.
Just maybe you should personally make the decisions for the 2500 or so shooters where to shoot and not the board members. This takes a group effort not one person to get done.

With love.
Doug Girt
Old 09-08-2006, 11:17 AM

doug,
I thoughtas a memberyou could voice your opinion withoutsomeone calling you names.As one of the winers you refer to I have looked at theweb sites offered by whuffman and I have viewed the videos on that web site. I do not find a location that will allow accomodations, restaurants or meeting places for family andfriends without a long drive in traffic. I realize it takes time to get info out, but, wouldn't you think that some of these things would have been considered before a decisionwas made? Wouldn't a location be the firstthing considered?Wouldn't it be logical to get that info to the membership with the annoucement of the change?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:50 PM

I understand what you are saying. But from this side of the screen it looked like a rip fest on the people who worked hard on the bid they put in to get this shoot here. There were other places that put in and others that were put in as consideration for the event. They lost the bid from what the board members needed to have the event. We did not know we going to get the shoot till about 2 todays before anybody else did.They looked at places in NewYork and PA.

I have been a member since about 1989 or so and all I ever hear is people being upset over every little thing that happens. NewYork andFlatwoods didn't have much room and they put on a great shoot. My family and I drove 8-9 hours and stayed in campers or motel rooms shot our bows and had fun and went on. We have on average about 15-18 people in our group or family when we go. It cost a lot of cash just to go shoot a stupid bow for fun, but we pay it and go on.

Some of you people that rip on others about the way things are done are just as insulting as name calling. By ripping the IBO you are also saying we as a city and host groupfailed before we ever shot an arrow. Nobody is on the take. No one did anything sneeky or is robbing anyone. Several sites were looked at and they accepeted ours.( to our suprise) [8D]

I hope you come and enjoy your selves here in Anderson. We know it's not Snowshoe and never said it was, but we hope we give a great course to shoot on and a chance to win.

I see a lot of people at shoots that either can't go becuase of money or can't handle the mountain. It would be to see them back shooting the World shoot again.

Doug Girt

Old 09-08-2006, 01:16 PM

Doug,
I have been a member for one year. I attended the World's at Snowshoe, All I have heard is how wonderful it has been over the past 6 years. I agreed. I was totally impressed, sure we had a fog delay second day 1st group but thats weather at least it was cool. I heard the temperature in Indiana that day was 103 with high humidity. quess I am on the other side of your screen hearing only good things. I fear the unknown I quess and no one is making anything known to ease those fears.
Just a note, My son age 20 had a 81 year old man walked the course at Snowshoe with his group and had no problem with the mountain. Our course here in Ohio is much harder terain than Snowshoe. The condo's for the money were fabulous. I don't see how that could be improved on unless it would be motel room maybe 25 miles from where you shoot.
I do really wish you luck with the World's and hope all goes well.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 PM

I agree with Doug. I for one was ready for a change. I keep reading a lot about how great Snowshoe was. It was a nice place to shoot, but why don't we give the people who are going to do all the countless hours of work in Anderson Indianathe opportunity to put on a great shoot as well. As far as staying at Snowshoe, we had a Snowshoe employee walk with our group for most of the day on Friday, and he was glad the we weren't coming back again next year. He said he would'nt miss having to put out 400 targets.
For all the members that decide not to come that truly is sad. On the other hand, for those of us that do attend, I'm sure were going to meet new shooters and make new friends, from the new shooters, that will attend, because of a new location that is closer for them.
For those that are mad and are not going to come, then don't come, but please don't continue the e-mails with venom in them. That does nothing to promote are sport, it only shows how divided westill are, and that my friends is truly sad.
I also know everyone has a right to their opinion, it's the presentation that needs work in some cases.

Quick Reply: worlds participation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.