Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE >

MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Old 08-08-2006, 04:22 PM

Default RE: MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

As i was saying before i got banned for some reason. i guess my question has opened a can of worms, which it should. however, no one knows if ken or judy had any control over this. a reply from them would be nice.
The main point is, it was never posted at a shoot or in the book that the MHC class or any other classes would not receive money at the world. they have always gotten money at the world. no one would pay extra money to shoot a class that gives no more than the class below them (buckle or not).
As far as the reference to the website posting, Please REMEMBER everyone does not have computer access so a posting on a website means nothing to them. Most people read the book, and it was not stated anywhere that these things have changed. I AM NOT ILLITERATE i can read and comprehend.
this whole situation was not handled properly. i have a right to an opinion as well as everyone else, so dont act like the hundreds of people that didnt know are stupid.If it was handled correctly, everyone would have known. Obviously that did not happen.
i realize IBO works hard and are often blamed for things out of there control such as weather etc. but i think something needs to be done here.
I do hope all of the winners and the people in the final cut remember the words "self achievement" because that looks like thats all your going to get. I do feel for all of you who worked so hard, and thought you may get some of your money back to help pay for this expensive trip. maybe next year things will be different for those who attend.
Please IBO explain and fix this!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 PM

It is very obvious that the classes in question here are those falling within the third level of competition as denoted in the current IBO rule books. Those rules also specify how monetary awards will be distributed. You are correct when you note that these classes had a portion of the purse paid to the top 3 places in previous years, while the majority was randomly distributed amoung the appropriate classes. As I noted previously, that was changed for the 2006 shoot year with the other adjustments made for these as well as the AHC classes.

However, we were embarressed by a very unfortunate mis-communication regarding trophy awards for these classes. It was not our intent to overlook the accomplishments of all of those competeing in these classes. That is in the process of being rectified. All trophy awards due under the quidelines set forth in the current rule book will bedistributed as soon as they become available. The achievements of all of our competitors (not just those finishing on top) are important to all of us.

Personal Note:
Publicly stating that anyone placing 90th or at any other place other than on top are somehow less dedicated or driven or talented, especially when competing in entry level classes gives a clear impression of those making the statement and does nothing to help promote the sport to others. The fact that one of our members / competitors would say such a thing causes me every bit as much embarrassment as this trophy mix-up.

Chris Turner
IBO Director
Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 PM

Thank you for acknowledging that there was a mix-up. I'd also like to mention that it may be useful to mail everyone a copy of the new rule book. I've check with many other shooters and noone has the book that has been repeatedly mentioned. The last one I received has a revised date of Sept. 1, 2004.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:01 AM

My wife and I shot the National Triple crown and the World Championships this year. While I shot poorly at the worlds, I really enjoyed my first experience at Snowshoe. MY wife was 7th after the first day, 3rd after the the second day, and clawed her way up to 2nd on Saturday, We were thrilled. She has worked very hard at this dicipline and Hard work definitly pays off. She made great friends and met the most wonderful people this year. I have to say though, it is a down right dirty shame that our whole IBO experience this year was tainted right at the very end of the year by the experience she went through on the podium at the awards ceremony. She goes up in front of her peers and what does she get........ Nothing! No money, no plaque. not even a sorry. She gets a guy telling her " There was a mix up with the plaques " She comes up to me afterwards in Tears, in shock, that the organization we supported all year, with more money than I would care to add up, would so callously ignore her accomplishments for greater support of other classes of Archers. She went to Work Monday, she is an OR Nurse at our City Hospital, and a heart surgeon she works with,( A bowhunter whom was thinking of joining the Ibo , along with all his friends ), asked her what she received for such an impressive accomplishment..........She had to tell him NOTHING!!!!!He said, why would you go spend all your time and money to shoot for an organization that would do that to its members.............??????? Good question DOC.................................
Old 08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
11s

Its interesting to the scores havent been posted yet

Old 08-09-2006, 03:48 PM

Thank you bluejacket for pointing out that i may have offended someone. BY NO MEANS, did i intend to do that. When i said, "90th place should not get top prize because it should go to someone who earned it" the point i was trying to make was that the money should not be issued out in a drawing. if you want to play the lottery go down the mountain and buy a ticket.
This was in no way ment to be acriticism to the 90th place shooter in any class. i have been 1st and i have been last as well as most all other shooters and i still keep trying. i just dont think that the local guy who shoots twice a year should be allowed even a chance at the money. it should go to the winners who shoot ten to twenty hours a week. i in noway intended to offend anyone who didnt win or make the cut. im sure there was lots of people who worked hard and didnt make the cut. As stated--been there - done that too!!
And just to let you know, i still support IBO and there staff, i just think this is wrong. they made a mistake that needs fixed. As far as ASA etc. i have shot those shoots too and they are not perfect either nor are any of us. And i also support and encourage any new shooters----thats why so manynew ones have went to IBO shoots withUS this year. however, this still needs to be patched up somehow because alot of people were really hurt and it is still wrong.
And once again, i am sorry if i offended anyone. it was not ment to be an offensive comment only a point about the lotto draw.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:48 PM

This was my first year shooting the ibo. I shot the northern triple crown and shot it well in my opinion. I got spankedat bedford and it made me shoot every day and until erie where i shot a 404 and was on page one but that still wasn't good enough and then i still kept shooting and finished 8th at nelsonville. There are alot of good shooters out there in the hc and alot of money being put up by the hc class. So my first question to the owner of the bow shop i shot for was where does the money go. He said good question???? I really enjoyed the ibo shoots from indoor world to triple crown but from a new be to the ibo i think if they would just show where the money is going it would make alot of people happy. Just come up with a pay out in every class and show how much money they are winning and people will stop asking questions. Read the asa forum and tell me if you see any question about where the money is going like there is after every ibo shoot. there is a problem and it should be addressed. I guessing the ibo wants to be its own identity but it's ok to make changes to keep up with the customers which is what we all are that go to the shoots. customers of the ibo just pay out the All the classes and show how much and i am willing to bet these posting about "WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING" come to a stop.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:37 PM

Great/Outdoors, I agree with you. The payout should be posted with the classes. Maybe taking the money out of the HC is a way the IBO is trying to get shooters to move to another level? But the awardsare ordered before the shoot,seems like someone would have counted them? The worst thing about this is we can all just post all we want to and it dosent appear that the IBO( CEO ) is going to reply. Iguess someone figures that after a few days of venting on the forum we will just all go away. I dont care if I leave a hole in a bucket of water or not, like FastFletch mentioned. I think it may be time to shoot for 12s instead of 11s. But that is just my opinion. Chris Callison
Old 08-10-2006, 03:23 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: buckhntr93

Thank you for acknowledging that there was a mix-up. I'd also like to mention that it may be useful to mail everyone a copy of the new rule book. I've check with many other shooters and noone has the book that has been repeatedly mentioned. The last one I received has a revised date of Sept. 1, 2004.
[/quote

you should have recieved a new ibo rulebook with your ibo membership renewal...]
Old 08-10-2006, 04:25 PM

FHC.........47 shooters @ $68.90 = $3,238.30

HC..........208 shooters @ $68.90 = $14,331.20

SHC........51 shooters @ $68.90 = $3,513.90

HF..........23 shooters @ $68.90 = $1,584.70
--------------
$22,668.10

And the IBO cannot give anything to these shooters?????????

WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING????

If the IBO would have given out 500 for 1st, 300 for second, 100 for thirdin each of these classes , like they did in the previous years, it would only add up too $3600.00. Take that away from the total amount they would still have a Whopping.......... $19,068.10............
These figures are from the classes that received nothing for there time and effort.................I think Ken and the IBO ought to make ammends for there actions ...........Am I asking to much here????? Any responce would be appreciated...........

Quick Reply: MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.