Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE >

MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Old 08-07-2006, 07:46 AM

Default MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Im kinda curious with whats going on in the money hunter class (MHC). My husband was in the top ten and a friend of ours won. For some reason he did not receive a check. They paid more money to shoot than the trophy class did because they wanted to be in the money class. The word MONEY before hunter class is suppose to mean something. WHERE is the MONEY?? I dont understand how the rules can be changed at random. There was a riot over this Saturday night. I am sure there must be a misunderstanding and IBO did not do something this unfair to the money hunter class. Please tell me where the MONEY is for the MONEY HUNTER CLASS.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:52 AM

Default RE: MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

I made the top 3 in the money hunter class and all I got was a hand shake. We pay more money than the trophy class and get neither a trophy or cash. What a joke. Thanks, IBO for making my first trip to the podium so gratifying. Apparently the hunter class is there to finance the prizes for the other classes.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually the "M" in front of MHC does not stand for Money. Here's an explanation of the class designations that Judy posted previous to the Worlds:

For those who are 1st time World Championship or Trophy Round participants. Your score cards will say for example: MHC,MAHC,MMBO, MFSR, etc. or THC, TMBO, TFSR, etc. what that stands for is:
M-and your class means you are shooting in the World
Championship.
T-and your class means you are shooting in the Trophy
Round.
Most of the confusion is regarding the Hunter Class and the Advanced Hunter Class.

MHC means you are shooting in World Championship in the HC for thetitle of HC World Champion,the championship buckle and a championship trophy.

THC means you are shooting in the Trophy Round for a trophy only.

If you are shooting in Advance Hunter Class your score cards will say MAHC. AHC is only offered in the World Championship, not in the Trophy Round. Advance Hunter Class use to be Money Hunter Class and you will be shooting for money and the title of AHC World Champion and the championship buckle.
Hope this helps!

Judy
I do find it odd that the money payback dissapeared this year though? The breakdown last year was $500,$300,$100 I think for the top 3 spots?

I know it's an amatuer class and you'll get the arguments that only pro or semi pro classes should payback but I think that's weak. There was a ton of money generated by the HC shooters entry fees and NOTHING monetary goes back to these shooters?
Maybe this is a way to get the guys who SHOULD be shooting in a higher class to finally pack their bags and move on?

In any event I just wanted to point out that the MHC does not designate a "MONEY" class....only that the winner is considered the actual "World Champion"
Old 08-07-2006, 09:49 AM

MATT,

I think that you SHOULD remember that when some of the people that you say should move on, may move on to some other organization or type of shooting. If the world has over three hundred shooters in the Hunter Class and only a few people can be winners does this mean that the rest of class should have the top shooters move on and no one else take their place. I don't understand your logic. If the hunter class keeps growing does that mean that everyone is unhappy with the way it is set up. If this is strickly a class for new people coming to the IBO how many of them know about the different classes and how many are just joining to support bowhunting?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 AM

M=World Champion? What? Where in the world do u get "M" to stand for that, how about "WC" or "W" or "Pay more for WC" or "PMWC" Nice explanation on the forum IBO. What about informing those shooters w/ "M" on the cards before they shoot. Seems to me if people are gonna pay more money the IBO has a duty to make it clear what their customers are paying for if their not going to pay money back out. Very misleading if you ask me. What is wrong the IBO?
Old 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM

sorry, but i am still a little confused. everyone in IBO does not have access to a computer and i havent been on this site myself for a long time so i didnt see judys posting along with several hundred other people.
i did however read the rules etc. and it was never written nor posted at any shoot that i know of. if IBO is going to change the rules they need to put it in the book not take the money and then change the rules.
money hunter class has ALWAYS paid money. if they were going to change things it should have been in the rules or at least posted on a big sign before they took the payment from the shooter. this is more than misleading---i bet if a lawyer won first place it would also be illegal!!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Ok, a little clarification here. It appears that the class you are referring to is the (HC) Hunter Class. Last years (MHC) Money Hunter Class was changed to (AHC) Advanced Hunter Class for this year. One has a cash payout directly to the champions (AHC) while the other distribututes the purse randomly throughout the competeing class. Nowhere in this years rules do we designate a Money Hunter Class.

The new rule books which have been in circulation since this spring, as well as posted on the IBO web site, clearly indicate the different levels of competition and what may be expected from each.

Under shooting classes:
Level One - Non- Competitive Classes (awards given at random)
This includes Future Bow Hunters (FBH)
Level Two - Youth Competitive Classes
This includes CUB, YMR 13-14, YF, YMR 15-17, FY, and YTRD.
Level Three - Entry Level Adult Classes (Trophy Awards and monetary awards (if offered) at random.
This includes: HC, FHC, HF, SHC.
Level Four - Advanced Amateur Classes (Eligible for monetary awards, Shooter of the year.
This includes: MBO, FBO, MBR, FBR, MBF, AHC, MCU, FSR, MSR, MCBH, X-BOW, PCBH, RU, LB, TRD, and FTRD.

Levels 4 & 5 designate semi-pro and pro divisions.

As noted in Judy's post prior to the tournament, the "M" or "T" before your class designation is simply a means for the data entry personnel to sort the results as they apply to trophy or the championship competitions.

This year with the adoption of the SHC and modifications to the AHC, the BOD felt that all of the steps had been taken to finallyremove the rest of the cash payouts from the top place finishes and add it to the purse randomly distributed throughout the class. This information has been published more that once and is outline in current rule books. All of the cash purse raised by every class is utilised by that class alone. In the classes competeing in the third level of competition, that purse is "all" randomly distributed throughout the appropriate classes.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 PM

sorry mr.bluejacket but i still cant find anywhere in the rule book where the money hunter class has been redesigned. can you tell me which page that the fine print is on that says we will take your money for a money class but randomly draw for the money?? And no i am not refering to the HC i am refering to the MHC which has always paid money--the HC is described as THC which means trophy. AHC may have been added but it has never been stated as the only hunter class that pays money. MONEY HUNTER CLASS means what ---pay extra for nothing????????????? It is not stated anywhere that i can find (or many many other shooters can find) that the money was taken away from MHC> i am still looking in the ibo rule book where it says that. obviously, you are from the ibo or you would not have wrote "no where in these rules doWE designate a MHC" QUOTE. where do you UN designate this class that has been there??? Like i said before-- you cant change rules as you go along! and just where exactly did all the money go from this class?? let me guess--random drawing for people who didnt work there butts off to win-practicing every day and spending $3.20 a gallon for gas to get there on top of room prices food etc. 90th place should not get top prize because they walked out there door and decided to shoot for fun it should go to the people who earned it.
WHY DO WE NOT DO A RANDOM DRAW IN THE PRO CLASS?? lets see how that goes!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:50 PM

In regards to fastfletch, This is my first year in the IBO so I chose the hunter class. Iwon the MHC world title this year,since I won itmy first year out, you think I should have shot in a higher class on myvery first year in the IBO! I thought that was the reason we had that class! Why did last years MHC winner(Derrick Phillips) receive $500.00 for first and second place received $300.00, and third place received$100.00 for the exact same class I won this year!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:56 PM

sorry fastfletch I meant to someone else!

Quick Reply: MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.