Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Nelsonville(Hunter Class)

Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Nelsonville(Hunter Class)

Shot the Hunter Class today at Nelsonville and have to say I was pretty disappointed in the condition of the targets and the layout. Shot some pretty shot up targets where we were shooting through them and some were pieced together where they wouldn't fit properly between the mid-section and the rear section of the target. Also looked like we had some back yard bucks thrown in there also. Would like to have a nice mix of targets large and small; didn't see no Lion, Elk or Buffalo. For as many shooters that this classhas you would think we could get a little more respect. Some people drive a long ways to these shoots and I think that they deserve better. I have been to local shoots that puts on a better shoot then what I experienced today.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Nelsonville(Hunter Class)

I thought the shoot was great. Good long yardage, difficult to judge, and fun. As for the targets, I will shoot some targets that have holes; this keeps the cost of the shoot down. Imagine the cost of the shoot if we always have perfect targets to shoot.

It's not easy putting out 100+ targets. It's hard work for alot of people. We should be thankful we can have as good of shoots as we do.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 PM

Stealth1 has a point. The courses I shot didn`t have those targets either. I feel that if we`re going to pay $50.00 or more, give us the large targets too. Sometimes it seems to be one or the other or both,easier small targets to carry and set or that the smaller targets arecheaper ones. What do you think.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:13 PM

shot the hunter class friday and saturday. thought they did a real good job. had a mix of targets and in nelsonville fashion thay had the yardages long and mixed. would of liked to be in the woods more but everyone gets their turn in the fields. as for what they set out they get whatever the target mfg. sends.
who won the pmr and psr classes and who won the triple crown? anyone know
Old 07-09-2006, 08:23 PM

ewolf don't get me wrong I had a great time at the shoot. But when you have people that drive long distance to a national shoot especially with the price of gas and the money we spend at this event, myself I would expect a little better. The HC pulls in more than two hundred shooters per
event, I think we deserve a little bit better than what we had.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:38 PM

I don't shoot the Hunter class, but I still would like to voice my opinion. As for large targets the Hunter class wasn't treated differently than the rest. I shoot MBO and we had one large target. With the level of competition that the Hunter class seems to have risen too, I understand why the targets get shot up quickly. With a max 35 yrds and you guys shooting the lights out of the 11 ring they're going to get shot up faster. It doesn't matter the size of the target at 35 yrds lion or deer the 11 ring is going to get shot out. The elk, bison and lion are all more expensive targets than the deer, so guess what I would choose to replace every day also. I also don't know what kind of effect Delta has on this, now that they own the mckenzie targets that the host clubs have to purchase. AsI stated earlier I shoot MBO and I can tell you this, we didn't have any problem shooting through the targets on I, J, K and L. As a matter of fact some archers had problems getting their arrows all the way to targets. What a tuff shoot, out standing job. I hope they set up the world just as mean as Nelsonville.
Thanks just my two cents.