Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
New Hoyt Bows are out.......Cam & 1/2....Must See! >

New Hoyt Bows are out.......Cam & 1/2....Must See!

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

New Hoyt Bows are out.......Cam & 1/2....Must See!

Old 11-05-2002, 12:17 PM

Default RE: New Hoyt Bows are out.......Cam & 1/2....Must See!

Hate to start something.....but if you look at the Darton CPS cam system and compare it to the new cam and a half...Draw your own conclusions.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:52 PM

I'm just a spectator in the Hoyt/ Mathews war but here are some interesting facts. We got some of the new Hoyts in our shop the other day and after shooting and cronographing the Super Tec and the Razor Tec we were very disappointed. These bows shoot basically the same as the Tec series bows from last year( they like to jump in your hand pretty badly shooting at 5 grains) and the speed advertised isn't there either. The best we could get from the Super Tec with only a nok point on the string, bow set at 70 lbs. with a 350 grain arrow was 309 fps(advertiesd at 330). Our Hoyt rep was even there at the time and said he had some very important questions he was going to have to talk to Hoyt about. Maybe you'd better try these things out for yourselves before you buy.

Pinmaster
Old 11-07-2002, 08:41 PM

When the Rep was at our shop....I shot the SuperTec.
It was set on 64# at 29"....we shot a 325 grain arrow.
It shot thur cronograph at 314 fps.
Explain that!

>>>-------------->
Shoot'em Straight
>>>-------------->
Old 11-09-2002, 09:28 AM

Explain that?? Gee, I'm sorry that I offered a first hand opinion on a new bow that everyone is talking about. I thought that this forum was the place to do that. Bow makes mean very little to me, be it Hoyt, Mathews, PSE or whatever, if it shoots good and I like it, I will shoot it, period. The prior comment that I made about the new Hoyt bows was coming from my own personal experience, not someone who shoots another brand and hates Hoyt ( ie I'm not a basher and don't accuse me of such).

Pinmaster
Old 11-14-2002, 01:11 PM

My new screen name is ultratecflame cause' I am now shooting a new 2003 Ultratec instead of my old bow PSE Durango alas durangoshooter. I just want to say that the new Hoyt's are real nice bows, and that I agree with some other psot that the reasons that some of the other companies are the champs is because they PAY THE MONEY. I got a ride with one of the local shops in my area that is why I am shooting a Hoyt now. One other thing with PSE is in my opinion-they don't make a FANTASTIC 3-D bow. The Mach-10 and the Durango, which they no longer make, are the best 3-D bows they have. I will never get rid of my Durango no matter who I shoot for, it will always have a spot on my wall with the other bows.

>>>----> Shoot Strait
"GOTTA LOVE THAT LITTLE RED APPLE"
Old 11-14-2002, 01:41 PM

UT Flame ,
How did you score a 2003 target bow so quick ? The shop I shoot for said they can't even order my co - op bow till December , and I may not get it till January .
Sounds like someone really likes you .
Good luck this year .
Scott
Old 11-14-2002, 04:48 PM

I am very sorry !!!!! I shoul've said that I "will" be shooting a Hoyt. But it IS ordered. I guess they do like me or something. If you knew me you would see why they like me. They just can't help themselves. As you will soon find out.....I like to have a good time and I like for everyone that is around me to have a good time.

>>>----> Shoot Strait
Old 11-17-2002, 12:07 PM

Can you say "CPS". The first time I saw that cam&1/2 thats what I said. After shooting the new line I can say I was impressed with the overall feel and shootablity of most of them. I am still thinking about switching.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:11 PM

Hey Tex come on OVER we would be happy to have you on the winning team

>>>----> Shoot Strait
Old 11-26-2002, 08:30 AM

I shot the new cam&1/2 this week at a local shop, and it was very smooth. However I sure wish that Hoyts engineers could start coming up with their own ideas! It seems to me 4 or 5 years ago they opened up a Mathews catalog saw the Max Cam and magically the Redline appeared. Looks to me that someone received a Darton catalog for this year!

Quick Reply: New Hoyt Bows are out.......Cam & 1/2....Must See!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.