Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

FHFH Benefit shoot

Old 06-14-2005, 05:48 AM

Default FHFH Benefit shoot

Ok all, its time to start making plans where we're going to shoot this weekend. Bow and Barrel Archers is sponsoring a shoot with all proceeds to be donated to the local chapter of Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry. We need your support.

Last year our local chapter recieved enough venison to benefit nearly 6,000 meals as an estimate. That was nearly twice the amount from the year before. Our local sportsmen and women are catching on to the benefits of this program and lining up with their donations of harvested deer. We expect that donation level to rise significantly this year. We consider ourselves very blessed and are very greatful for the participation from our hunting community.

The second part of this program requires monetary support to cover the processing cost of the venison. Polansky's Meat Market has generously curtailed the cost to process and package the donated meat, but just covering the wage for a butcher to handle this much meat still adds up significantly. Thats where you and I can make a difference. Our club has agreed to donate all of the shoot proceeds from our June shoot to benefit this program. I hope you can all come out to show your support, and enjoy a great shoot along the way. Additionally, I'd like to challenge any and all clubs in our area to come up with a similar program. If you need any information to assist, just let me know.

We all benefit from this program in one form or another. For those searching for their next meal the benefit is obvious. Their thanks will be directed towards the hunting community that made it possible. And for those of us who are blessed to be able to contribute to the support of the less fortunate, I believe your thanks will await you.

I look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday.
Chris Turner
Bow and Barrel Archers
440-933-5712
e-mail [email protected]