Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
New raised bed garden >

New raised bed garden

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

New raised bed garden

Old 05-25-2022, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default New raised bed garden

I have a virus in my soil I have been fighting against for years so I bought above ground bed containers. They are all cedar and put together with dovetails, no nails or screws. I sprayed the garden with roundup then covered it with rubber mulch to prevent weeds and sat the beds on top. I filled the beds with raised bed soil which cost more than the raised beds. In the photo the first one is planted in tomatoes and bell peppers, the second with tomatoes and jalapeno peppers, the third with one Japanese hot pepper, spring onions and eggplants and the 4th with three kinds of radishes, cucumbers and leeks. In a couple of days I will be able to pull some radishes. It sure makes it a lot easier to plant while standing up. Looking forward to see how the tomatoes and peppers do. If you click on the photo twice it will get real large.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:55 AM
Spike

Default Salsa garden

I have 40 vegetable plants in raised gardens and pots. Each plant has its own personal sprinkler attached to my drip lines. Last year I jarred 40 pints of salsa. Hoping to produce much more this year. Good luck!!

Last edited by GreatWapiti; 05-26-2022 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Add photos
Old 05-26-2022, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice! That is a lot of salsa I make a lot of pica de gallo, I suspect if I canned it it would turn into salsa and I like the fresh vegies over the cooked.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:25 AM
Spike

I always have trouble uploading pics on this site??? Sorry, I tried to attach but nothing seems to load.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Post your photos on a free photo hosting site such as Postimage.org. Then copy them by clicking on the link for forums and post them here.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:18 PM
Spike

I have spent an hour on postimage and on this site. I have a masters degree and I consider myself very competent. I cannot get a photo uploaded onto this site?
Old 05-27-2022, 12:00 AM
Spike

Hi everyone please go check on this and thank me later reliable and fast delivery ammo supplies
Old 05-27-2022, 03:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Check on what and thank you for what? You didn't post anything and in addition your post belong in the guns and ammo thread, not here.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GreatWapiti View Post
I have spent an hour on postimage and on this site. I have a masters degree and I consider myself very competent. I cannot get a photo uploaded onto this site?
When you open postimage it may asked you to sign in with your e-mail and password. Then you will see choose images, click on that it will take you to your stored photos in your computer. Click on the photo you want to post and click on open. that will put your photo into Post image and you will see the photo, click on put the photo into your album, then click on the photo and you will see several selections, click on thumbnail for forums and you will see "copied) , then go to the forum make a post and double right click on the spot where you want your photo posted. then you will see a link to your photo. At this point submit your post and your photo will be there on your post.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting garden OT. How many hours of sun per day are you getting next to the building? I do like the idea of being able to garden while standing. Seems like it would save your back some and also make it harder for slugs to get to plants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.