Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Musical instruments (think back -- what did you play in school band?) >

Musical instruments (think back -- what did you play in school band?)

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Musical instruments (think back -- what did you play in school band?)

Old 04-06-2022, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is my "Guitar Wall" in my music room (along with my big full size Yamaha keyboard underneath). The last time I took "inventory" I counted 17 instruments! Come on over, grab an instrument, and let's play!

(L-R) 1977 Ibanez Mandolin.... 1991 Yamaha 12 string acoustic... 2021 Fender Player Strat... 2011 Gretsch 5122 hollowbody...
1995 Fender Strat (Open G for Slide guitar).. 2001 Alvarez 6 string acoustic.. 1997 Samick Bass (cheap Fender P-Bass copy)

Last edited by ButchA; 04-06-2022 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Very impressive Butch.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a nice collection. My best friend from high school had to buy a big gun safe for his sonís guitars when he dropped him off at college. Before he was sixteen he was the lead guitarist in a band that played in the NOVA area. He won the local guitarist contest for the national music store chain. When they walked into the finals, the dude asked my friend where his guitar was and he said, I donít play, my son does. His son got to open for Hillary Duff there in DC and play for a large womens forum. That actually lead him to meet Paul Reed Smith at his house in southern MD and get one on one for several hours. Heís an amazing guitar player. My friend and I had the big plans to be the gatekeepers for the tour babes when he got older and became famous. Unfortunately, it didnít work out. His son is a great dad with two kids living in South Africa.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks... I just pick up an instrument, no matter what, whatever comes into my head, and I start playing....

I will grab my grandmother's priceless heirloom 100yr old violin, and play "Danny Boy", to the best of my ability.
I will sit down at my big Yamaha electronic keyboard (in Grand Piano mode), and play "Prelude in C Major" by Bach.
I will grab my Gretsch hollow body and do Elvis tunes, just like how Scotty Moore (Elvis' guitar player) played them back in the day.
I will grab my Trumpet and play along to the classic rock/jazz rock song "Vehicle" by the Ides of March. Everyone knows that song...
"Cause I love ya, need ya, want ya gotta have ya, great God in Heaven, you know I love you...."
I will grab my new Fender Stratocaster, click on the distortion pedal, and blast some hard rock and heavy metal tunes too! (My neighbors must love me!)
Old 04-06-2022, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

The real question, can you play ďCountry RoadsĒ on all of them?

btw, not inspired by West Virginia but from my old stomping groundís Montgomery county MD country roads. Itís just the MD didnít fit well in the lyrics. Lol. I have to agree.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Country Roads" by John Denver? Yes, I know the tune and can easily play it.

But then again, I'm a hard rock kind of guy, and would be better off playing "Highway Star" by Deep Purple or maybe a little more harder like "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Deep Purple is one of my all time favorite bands. Did you know all their songs were tied back to cars? Highway Star, My Woman From TokyoÖ. I got to see them in concert during their reunion tour or whatever they called it. For reasons I wonít go into it but itís a night the will forever be in my mind. Rode in the back of a CJ5 with a few of my closest friend back then.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guitar and then banjo. Havent played in years though
Old 04-08-2022, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck