Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Classic cars & trucks...  Remember these? >

Classic cars & trucks... Remember these?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Classic cars & trucks... Remember these?

Old 03-26-2022, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Classic cars & trucks... Remember these?

Here's a pretty cool post, harkening back to the days long gone...

I stumbled upon these few photos of a classic 1967 Ford F100 pickup, 100% totally restored, down in Kissimmee, Florida, up for auction on of those vehicle auction websites... I just about died and went to Heaven, as the memories came flooding back, as I remember my own oldest brother-in-law (the Vietnam Vet) teaching me how to drive (my own father didn't know) his old pickup across the pasture of our farm in Upstate NY, back when I was 12 years old!

Remember these old pickups, straight 6 cylinder, "3 on the tree" manual transmission, etc...

Last edited by ButchA; 04-25-2022 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I learned to drive on a 1969 Chevy Biscayne 6 cylinder 3 speed standard. That thing had wings....ugly car. My first car was a 1953 Chevy green with a creme colored top. My first motorcycle was a brand new 1964 Honda Bently Touring 150. It was blue with a blue seat which was pretty rare. Most of the blue ones had red seats. My Dad took me to the dealership and I was supposed to get a Honda 90 but changed my mind when I saw the blue 150. I owned many motorcycles throughout the years but my last one which was the best was a Harley Softail Custom. It was a sweet ride.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 03-28-2022 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Here's a pretty cool post, harkening back to the days long gone...

I stumbled upon these few photos of a classic 1967 Ford F100 pickup, 100% totally restored, down in Kissimmee, Florida, up for auction on of those vehicle auction websites... I just about died and went to Heaven, as the memories came flooding back, as I remember my own oldest brother-in-law (the Vietnam Vet) teaching me how to drive (my own father didn't know) his old pickup across the pasture of our farm in Upstate NY, back when I was 12 years old!

Remember these old pickups, straight 6 cylinder, "3 on the tree" manual transmission, etc...
Iíve had my eye on what I believe is a 1975 F-100 for at least the last fifteen years. It could have as much as a 396 in it. I think that engine was common in them. Itís been sitting under one of those metal carport roofs this entire time. Itís never moved. It shows no rust. Just a lot of dust. I would walk up to them and offer a few thousand for the truck today however, Iíve got too many projects on my plate. When I do get these projects finished, I will go make a cash offer. I know fixed up itís worth some money. I would post a picture of it for you Butch but since they never fixed the bug in the software, itís just too much of a hassle.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 03-27-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I recently sold my grandfathers 1970 F250 Camper Special with a 360 ci V8 and a 4 speed manual transmission with a 1971 Mitchell overhead camper. I wanted to restore it and just didnt have the time and didnt want it rusting away
Old 03-29-2022, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that truck is stored someplace with a controlled environment; Florida is not exactly a dry climate!
Old 05-19-2022, 02:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Passed by the F100 yesterday. Not sure if the hood looked recently opened or not. Been sitting for over 15 years. I just donít need another project.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

396 was a chevy, fords of the day were 390.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Youíre right. My bad. I was never a huge muscle car fan but did and do appreciate them. I was more into the European sports cars.
I love the Pantera but have concluded the noise from the 351 might be too loud to enjoy it. A side note, De Tomaso never had a drivers license (or didnít get one until very late in life. I canít remember but pretty sure he never had one). I have a good biography on him and his car I bought and read long ago.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always ran mopar after a couple GM's, the GM's were pretty awesome but just never could get the power from them that the 440's would make, helped aa bunch of friends work on their BB chevy's and fords though. gotta hunt up some old pics!