Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Cribbage 28 hand >

Cribbage 28 hand

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Cribbage 28 hand

Old 09-12-2021, 11:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Cribbage 28 hand

Got my third ever 28 hand today in Cribbage but lost the game. My wife and I play a game or two almost every evening during happy hour and before supper. Today was a high wind day so I didn't go out on the lake fishing and we played after breakfast. I was way behind and fighting to not get skunked. I had first count and was 2 pegs from 4th street and the skunk. I drew three 5s and a queen and the cut card was the fourth 5. I wasn't able to peg and ended up a few pegs from winning and my wife had enough between her hand and cat to win.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Never learned how to play though my roommate in high school tried to teach me. Might have to think about learning when my wife and I begin cruising the waterways. Weíre big Eucher players but you need at least three to play and the game isnít as fun as playing with all four players.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

The game seems a little complicated because of all the counting and different rules but in reality is actually quite simple. It is a great game for 2 people to play. My brother is a woodworker and made my favorite board.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wife and I play, especially on camping trips, etc. Never got 28 or 29.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Played a lot of cribbage and backgammon on the ships when I was active duty. Fun games to kill time with
Old 09-14-2021, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I have three 28 hands now but never saw a 29. I learned the game on my first real job when I was young. I was a lineman and we played in the truck during lunch. Spades was another game when the whole crew was in the shop when inclement weather hit.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never was a cribbage player. When I was at sea I would watch the nightly cribbage games in the mess deck but I never could figure it out and didn't want to asked the players and interfere with the game. I was a Pinochle, both single deck and double deck, and then there was poker.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Another good game I learned on the line gang especially when you have a few players is pitch. Lots of fun with teams.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never got into cribbage. Don't understand it....

Someone mentioned Backgammon -- okay, NOW we're talking. I am one serious M--- F--- when it comes to playing Backgammon!
Old 09-20-2021, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen one 28 hand.

Cribbage isn;t that complicated. It's a good way to help little kids sharpen their math.