Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Garage sale-ing.... >

Garage sale-ing....

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Garage sale-ing....

Old 06-06-2021, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Garage sale-ing....

... did pretty good on some hunting gear this weekend.

Best deal you ever picked up at a garage sale?

​​​​​​-Jake
Old 06-06-2021, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Heres what I got. The Carhartt shorts were $2 each. Basically brand new. The hoodie and the youth coveralls were $3 each and the upland "deluxe" vest was $5. It still has the tags on it. Pretty good pick ups!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Nobody has any good hunting deals from garage sales? How about any Dove clothes? Dove clothes seems to get a lot of responses.

-Jake
Old 06-08-2021, 02:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Not a garage sale but at an auction place. My BIL's wife was into estate sales. It was the area they live in. No one sold via yard sales. Anyway, she was told if she sees something she liked and if it wasn't on auction that day, she could request that it would go on auction. So she saw this statue she liked. They did put it up for auction. She won it at $400. When she got home and researched what she bought. The sculpture was called "The Lady and the Rose". A copy went for a few thousand. She dug into it a little more. Found out she had an original and it was worth about 25k. That was about 15 years ago. She still has it. From then on, my BIL never complained about her estate sales. Lol
Old 06-08-2021, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

well you got me beat, in all my yrs, I never got any great deals at garage sales, to the point I gave up going to them
but maybe that's why HAHA!

I have gotten some great deals at auctions, yrs back, , best I can recall off top of my head was buying a 5k enclosed trailer for 750 bucks, and I sold it a week later for 4 grand! and buyer was super happy
NOT as happy as I was however
and even better he made ME the offer, so wasn't like I was trying to even sell it!
never placed an add for sale and was gone and a nice chunk of extra cash in my pocket!

Old 06-08-2021, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best was a Spanish 10ga SxS.....$200.00. Still using it for geese.

RB