Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Nature's Best Food? >

Nature's Best Food?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Nature's Best Food?

Old 10-27-2021, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fresh caught brook trout are pretty hard to beat. So is pan-fried quail.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same day caught and cooked red snapper is probably the best thing I've eaten out of the Gulf. Before my father-in law passed, he fished out in the Gulf and the red snapper was the gold standard for me. I haven't been out in the Gulf since he passed and probably never will because unlike him, a Navy war verteran, I do not have sea legs. He was just about deaf from being on the USS Missouri in Korea. My legs are much better on terra firma.
I've tried red snapper at some of the best resturants, but none are as good as what he cooked the same day they were caught.

I've given a lot of thought to what might rival the oyster as described by FM.
I think the bean is right up there with the oyster. The only thing you can't do (as easily) with a bean is eat it raw. The whole bean can be polished and made into beads for jewelry.
What the bean has over the oyster is that if you and your family are musically inclined, beans provide you with all you need for a jam session after the meal.
Heck you really don't need to have a musical background,

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 11-03-2021 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:48 AM
Spike

I choose potato and chicken. Universal menu for every day =)
Old 11-04-2021, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like dead taste buds and a boring menu. The last thing I would choose to eat if I was given a chose is yard bird.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Just made 40 pounds of sauerkraut yesterday. Probiotics, and nutrious and delicious
Old 11-06-2021, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a meat eater at heart. I love a nice rare to medium rare steak. A good thick ribeye is probably my favorite. I also have recently found Tri Tips and they are probably the best bang for the buck in my book. I always take all the back strap's out of my deer whole and then cut them in half so they are 10-12 inches or so. I put them on the smoker until they reach around 130 then let them rest a few minutes. It is a great piece of meat.