Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Motorcycle weather is here! >

Motorcycle weather is here!

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Motorcycle weather is here!

Old 03-10-2021, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Default Motorcycle weather is here!

Probably not to stay. But 67 here today. Did 25 miles and then changed the oil for the season.

The dirty old thing is ready for it's 21st season!

-Jake
Old 03-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

well be safe this is some of the worth times to be riding a bike, all that road salt and dirt on roads, can make for slick corners and crashes

that said, I always enjoyed early rides

I was also a nut case of sorts and rode in winter time too, mostly off road with studded tires on MX style bikes

but any more, I see a lot of folks riding street bikes ALL yr when the sun is shinning, and it always makes me thing, all that salty slush on roads , has to make cleaning them pretty boy bikes so much added work, and corrosion to boot from salt?/
I'll wait will after real warm ups, and spring rains to wash as much salt away before i'd take a good looking bike out!
just that salty dust, is BAD and hard on metal parts!
ain't in that much of a rush to ruiin me toys anymore, guess I got older(MAYBE?? smarter, just a little ) LOL

Old 03-11-2021, 01:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

It hit an incredible 79° here yesterday. Since I was off (schools are closed Wednesday) I washed my 2007 Honda Shadow 750, and shined her all up. Felt great to get out and go for a nice cruise too!

Old 03-11-2021, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

There is no salt on the roads I'm driving on ! mud , slush and snow , yes , salt no ! Logging roads and woods roads that is !

2015 Rokon Trail Breaker 2 wheel drive drive motorbike ! Weighs only 218 lbs and can pull a moose out of the woods. Has 2000 lbs of tow capacity

And the best part ? I dont have to look nice and shiny while im on the road ! A garden hose blasting is all I need to clean her up.

Blasting water all over this machine doesn't matter . Did I mention this machine is built to float across a river ? Try doing that with your shiny bikes !
Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle weather is here!-img_0221.jpg   Motorcycle weather is here!-img_0224.jpg  

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 03-12-2021 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
There is no salt on the roads I'm driving on ! mud , slush and snow , yes , salt no ! Logging roads and woods roads that is !

2015 Rokon Trail Breaker 2 wheel drive drive motorbike ! Weighs only 218 lbs and can pull a moose out of the woods. Has 2000 lbs of torque.

And the best part ? I dont have to look nice and shiny while im on the road ! A garden hose blasting is all I need to clean her up.

Blasting water all over this machine doesn't matter . Did I mention this machine is built to float across a river ? Try doing that with your shiny bikes !
I always ;liked them 2 wheel drive tanks of a bike
drove a few up in Canada and AK< but very few folks in my area ever heard of them, sad, as they do have a lot of uses and are quite fun , they go pl;aces ATV's sure won't and yet so few seem to buy them! never got that!,

BUT< they don'ty have 2,000 lbs of torque( My 6.7 liter diesel only has 900 lbs of it)

HECK they don't even had 20 if were being honest its rated at Peak Torque 12.4 (9.1) Nm(ft. lb.) at 2,800 RPM, off the OEM;'s spec chart! and 7 hp!
I am sure one can managed to wiggle a little more out of one, but don't think you will ever come close to 2,000 lbs LOL

Old 03-11-2021, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Boating weather has been here but unfortunately I'm still in drydock for a few more months. Target is June 1st. Then I'm looking forward to burning hundreds of gallons of fossil fuel just sight seeing and a attending happy hours.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
I always ;liked them 2 wheel drive tanks of a bike
drove a few up in Canada and AK< but very few folks in my area ever heard of them, sad, as they do have a lot of uses and are quite fun , they go pl;aces ATV's sure won't and yet so few seem to buy them! never got that!,

BUT< they don'ty have 2,000 lbs of torque( My 6.7 liter diesel only has 900 lbs of it)

HECK they don't even had 20 if were being honest its rated at Peak Torque 12.4 (9.1) Nm(ft. lb.) at 2,800 RPM, off the OEM;'s spec chart! and 7 hp!
I am sure one can managed to wiggle a little more out of one, but don't think you will ever come close to 2,000 lbs LOL
Well mrbb you caught me on a typo mistake . I meant to say 2000 lbs of tow capacity and not torque . My mistake . There are some vids out there showing this machine dragging a harvested big bull Elk right up the side of a steep mountain like its candy and dragging a big 1000 lb bull moose out with little effort. We dragged 7 deer out the last 2 years with this machine . three of them were taken in the nastiest terrain going through swamps , cuttings , crossing brooks with steep banks in thick hemlock ,, and right through some nasty whip filled cutting filled with blowdowns . The furthest one was close to 3 miles from the truck . 201 lb 9 point . Put the deer tied down in a jet Sled and you would of thought the deer was going snowboarding flying through the woods . Took the machine 40 min to get to the truck . It would of taken 10 hours to drag it out with 4 of us pulling . I shot a 235 lb 9 point a few years ago 2 miles from the truck . Took 3 of us 8 1/2 hours to get him out . No snow on the ground to help slide on that one. Here is the link to the Trailbreaker I have. But mine is fully loaded with more accessories.

https://rokon.com/product/for-hunters/

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 03-11-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

I got a chuckle at the 2,000lbs of torque. I knew what you meant. I've looked into those quite a bit. Useful little machines.

I've had a dirt toy too, looking for it's replacement right now actually.

-Jake
Old 03-11-2021, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
Well mrbb you caught me on a typo mistake . I meant to say 2000 lbs of tow capacity and not torque . My mistake . There are some vids out there showing this machine dragging a harvested big bull Elk right up the side of a steep mountain like its candy and dragging a big 1000 lb bull moose out with little effort. We dragged 7 deer out the last 2 years with this machine . three of them were taken in the nastiest terrain going through swamps , cuttings , crossing brooks with steep banks in thick hemlock ,, and right through some nasty whip filled cutting filled with blowdowns . The furthest one was close to 3 miles from the truck . 201 lb 9 point . Put the deer tied down in a jet Sled and you would of thought the deer was going snowboarding flying through the woods . Took the machine 40 min to get to the truck . It would of taken 10 hours to drag it out with 4 of us pulling . I shot a 235 lb 9 point a few years ago 2 miles from the truck . Took 3 of us 8 1/2 hours to get him out . No snow on the ground to help slide on that one. Here is the link to the Trailbreaker I have. But mine is fully loaded with more accessories.

https://rokon.com/product/for-hunters/
HAHA< I was pretty sure it was a typo or a joke of sorts
and or leaning more towards what it can tow, than actual torque numbers!

like I said, I have a some seat time on them and I agree there pretty impressive with what they can do and where they can go, and not relying on speed to get thru things like a basic off road bike does!

that extra front wheel pulling makes a huge difference, you really don't know till you ride one!

Old 03-12-2021, 02:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

For sure not to stay weather here lol- on mon it was 67*here to. Tueday nite early just before it started snowing our power went out-.So we looked outside to see if we could see any lights etc. Not much- but saw some smoke & a red glow to the north. A transformer blew up/melted down whatever- not to far about 1+ miles away& stared a fire. Was a bit windy to so wanted to make sure it didnt come our way& burn us down. But the snow got heavy helped put that fire out. Ended with about 8 in from that.

Sat & sun another 13+ in or so of snow they say( if we stay lucky) Looks like some ppl will be getting 3 feet or so. More south & east /black hills , cheyenne area...

History happens & is made everyday & will tomorrow to. ( and it repeats lol

The Cheyenne Office of the National Weather Service is now saying Cheyenne could get three feet of snow this weekend and Laramie might receive 30 inches in what the agency is calling a "possibly historic" winter storm.

Winds of up to 45 miles per hour, whiteouts, and power outages are all possible with this storm.

The agency issued this statement on Thursday morning:
  • A Winter Storm Watch begins Friday continues through Monday morning for the potentially historic snow storm.
  • As of right now, the worst conditions are forecast to occur Saturday morning through Sunday evening.
  • Blizzard conditions are possible.
  • Area ranchers can expect severe impacts to newborn livestock. Snow will also be plentiful and heavy, laden with liquid. Snow drifts will be a hazard to livestock. Take action to protect your herd!

Read More: Cheyenne Weather Service Warns Of 'Historic' Wyoming Winter Storm | https://k2radio.com/cheyenne-nationa...edium=referral

Last edited by Knightia; 03-12-2021 at 05:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.