Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
This is for Cal.. >

This is for Cal..

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

This is for Cal..

Old 10-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default This is for Cal..

Cal has told me a few times over the years he would enjoy seeing me post a deer picture. While I think he probably means a monster buck picture. I am guessing that a doe would have to do for now. This year they started allowing some antler less deer permits out by lottery. I never won the lottery but archers are allowed to take a doe in any zone that has those permits. So I put the bow to test and even with an arrow breaking up on me I still got it done. A 120 pound doe ( field dressed). That made for a tough tracking job and I had a couple of friends help me. Probably should of been in the bow hunting forum.. Here’s a pics for you..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-12-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Nice sized doe Phil. Was this at your camp or where at?

-Jake
Old 10-13-2020, 12:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you Jake

This was in a township just outside my home town. I have been watching for those deer out back of the house. They would only show up before or after legal hours. Yesterday morning after I have tagged out they showed themselves in the early morning go figure. But thatís hunting and I told a guy that if I got one off his land that I would give him a couple of steaks for letting me hunt it.. So I now owe him a couple of steaks. Thatís not a bad trade off..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-13-2020 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice doe Phil. I cut mine up Saturday and ground the burger Sunday.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you CI.. I am going to start cutting mine up this afternoon. The weather has been pretty decent for her to hang..
Old 10-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats Phil. Over the years, my position on you posting a pic of your deer has changed. At first, it was for a monster buck. Then after your medical scare, it was just a pic of you with any deer.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:28 AM
Dominant Buck

What about you posting a picture with something Cal? It would be nice to see a picture of one of our most revered mods.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-14-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I did have a picture of a nice moose last year that any moose hunter would want. lol That medical scare left me coughing when out in cold weather. Unfortunately we are only allowed one deer here. I might try the expanded archery zones when I am isolating at camp though. Now I want to second CIís comment. Letís see a picture of one game animal you have gotten..
Old 10-17-2020, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Phil. I've tried several times to upload a picture with no luck. I'm not sure why but each time, I get a message that my upload has failed. Frustrating.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda messed up when a mod cant post a picture. just sayin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.