Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Officially Empty Nesters! >

Officially Empty Nesters!

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Officially Empty Nesters!

Old 08-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Officially Empty Nesters!

My son moved out today. He graduated this spring with dual technical degrees. Got a job at a major industrial corporation in their leadership development program. I told him since he will be moving to different places over the next few years, he should just stay
​​​​​​here and bank his money. Well, after the last several months of lockdowns and crap, he has moved out today. Can't say I blame him. I moved out after a few months home from the Navy.

While I am a proud papa promoting my son, I'm here to tell folks in a similar situation maybe with teenagers, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Like any family there are rough spots that pop up. The feeling is overwhelming with the last one leaving and now having time to focus on the woman I love. It's a bitter sweet moment. Now the next adventure begins.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

We've been Empty Nesters for about 3 years. I love this. I sometimes wonder if I should have started out having no kids at home. Mrs. Fan is getting used to it, largely because our youngest is being a great big stupid turd right now. Makes it easier to not look at him every day. We just bought our first RV the other day. It will be used by us alone. That sound very good.

Enjoy this chapter. It's a good read!
Old 08-02-2020, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Just some solid advice FM . MOVE OUT NOW While You Have The Chance !
It will be TOO LATE once Mrs FM finishes her " Home Project List " and hands it to you as marching orders for her Honey Do List !
You will miss every hunting season from now to eternity trying to fulfill the forever lengthening list !

Im not completely empty yet . I still have 1 of 3 left at home. Its not as much fun as it sounds . You miss them more when they fly the coop .
Old 08-04-2020, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats FM!
Old 08-04-2020, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Change the locks, I've heard they move back!

I won't have an empty nest for at least 16 more years at the absolute earliest. I'm enjoying these kiddos while I have them!

-Jake
​​​​​​