Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
"W"hiskey "T"ango "F"oxtrot -- is up with ammo (Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc...) >

"W"hiskey "T"ango "F"oxtrot -- is up with ammo (Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc...)

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

"W"hiskey "T"ango "F"oxtrot -- is up with ammo (Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc...)

Old 07-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default "W"hiskey "T"ango "F"oxtrot -- is up with ammo (Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc...)

Has anyone ventured out to Cabela's or Bass Pro recently? I was there looking at fishing supplies, treble hooks, etc.. and decided to scan the ammo sections. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Shotgun shells, shotgun shells, shotgun shells... shelf upon shelf of Winchester SuperX 12ga, 20ga, 28ga & 410ga. #7 shot, #9 skeet shot, etc... NO buckshot at all!

Cabela's must have just recently re-stocked the rifle section, as they have .243 .270 .30-06, etc... rifle ammo. The handgun section is all but cleaned out and stripped bare! All I saw at Cabela's were 9 boxes of .38spl semi-wadcutter target rounds. 9mm...GONE. .45 ACP... GONE.

Bass Pro -- same as Cabela's with the shotgun shells. Except at Bass Pro, the whole entire handgun ammo section was totally stripped bare and totally GONE!

I asked a clerk at Cabela's who was nearby and he kind of chuckled and said, "The stuff is gone as soon we get it! People order 'bricks' ahead of time and come pick it up!"

It's getting crazy out there!
Old 07-27-2020, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I learned my lesson in 08. Between handloading and pretty much buying a box of something every week since then I'll never be low on ammo again.

I haven't bought anything since March probably. Once things settle down I'll start making my weekly stop to buy a box again

-Jake
Old 07-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jake,

If that clerk at Cabela's is right, people must pre-order like 300 rounds or 500 rounds, and wait for it to arrive. Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc... most likely don't even bother trying to stock the shelves anymore with handgun ammo, as people order it ahead of time and the actual store's inventory supply is already depleted before it even hits the shelves!!!

I can't tell you the last time I was at the range with my 1911 .45 ACP or out at the big outdoor range with my .308 rifle!!! I don't want to deplete my own supply target shooting, you know?
Old 07-27-2020, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

I have reduced the amount I'm shooting this year. For the same reason. Who knows how long until it's easy to get again.

-Jake
​​​​​​
Old 07-27-2020, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Jake,

If that clerk at Cabela's is right, people must pre-order like 300 rounds or 500 rounds, and wait for it to arrive. Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc... most likely don't even bother trying to stock the shelves anymore with handgun ammo, as people order it ahead of time and the actual store's inventory supply is already depleted before it even hits the shelves!!!

I can't tell you the last time I was at the range with my 1911 .45 ACP or out at the big outdoor range with my .308 rifle!!! I don't want to deplete my own supply target shooting, you know?

People are seeing what is happening around the country with the BLM pukes and they are getting prepared for the war that more then likely will happen between the Marxists and the Americans, I don't consider the BLM crowd to be Americans, they have made themselves an enemy of the state. It is going to get real ugly, I don't want to see that, but I believe it is going to happen. This is the work of the democrats and their Marxist allies.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:15 PM
Spike

The hoarding could also be the fear of the Democrats taking over the Senate and the White house this fall. If they do, the pending bill to put a 50% tax on ammo and 35% tax on new guns will be rushed thru, and we will be stuck with the inflated prices that still won't stop the criminals. If you look at the reloading section in the stores mentioned, you will see that components are becoming or already are scarce as people decide to get into reloading.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know.... Getting back to this topic, Oldtimr made a great post, regarding people suddenly realizing things in their surroundings and are starting to take action. My wife was telling me that one of her lady co-workers at the daycare (my wife is Asst Manager of a daycare center) wants to go buy a small handgun because she is concerned about BLM, riots, and the everyday nutjobs out there in society. One thing led to another and my wife wanted me to talk to her co-worker friend. Nice lady, very timid, wouldn't hurt a fly, etc... I was upfront and honest and told that I was no expert but told her to enroll in a lady's class at the local indoor range, where they will even have female instructors there to teach her everything she needs to know.

Anyway, from what I understand the lady originally went to places like Cabela's and Bass Pro and whatnot, and was hopelessly confused, and stood in a huge line and then gave up and went home. Can you believe that? Wow....

Whatever is going on in the world is NOT good.... Be prepared, be alert, and always watch your back!
Old 07-31-2020, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
People are seeing what is happening around the country with the BLM pukes and they are getting prepared for the war that more then likely will happen between the Marxists and the Americans, I don't consider the BLM crowd to be Americans, they have made themselves an enemy of the state. It is going to get real ugly, I don't want to see that, but I believe it is going to happen. This is the work of the democrats and their Marxist allies.
Here's another update again... I can only assume people with 9mm's, .45's, and of course AR's, decided to dust off the old Mossberg 12ga from the closet, and are now buying HD shotgun shells.

Check out the stores again. Yes, even Walmart... 7 pheasant loads, #6 rabbit loads, #9 skeet, maybe #2 steel loads for ducks & geese. Box after box after box after box!

ABSOLUTELY NO #00 BUCK AT ALL!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Earlier this year, I bought up a bunch of 32 S&W brass and bullets for cheap so I can reload some practice rounds as inexpensively as possible for my 327. At the time I thought I went a bit overboard, but now I'm glad I did.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

My new favorite sports store ever since Dick's became dicks, Academy Sports. Ammo is extremely limited. So I go on stocking days and buy my limit. It's much cheaper than something like ammoseeker.com.