Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Something that makes you go ouch! >

Something that makes you go ouch!

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Something that makes you go ouch!

Old 07-16-2020, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah mine is an 18 inch bar and nothing like those little mini ones.. It was an unexpected kickback and it happens to the best of them. Thatís exactly why chaps are made and I wish that I had a pair on. That way I most likely would of been protected from this..
Old 09-18-2020, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well it has finally healed over and I can return to work. I know for the price of chaps it may appear to be costly. But being out of work for almost 3 months suddenly the cost for them is quite cheap. As I was getting cleared on Wednesday morning the company tried to call me into work. I had already in formed them that I was driving two hours away to the wound center to get cleared. I also told them that yesterday I was getting some minor surgery done on a small cyst that has been forming in my throat across from where I had cancer. Itís all good the ENT is retiring this month and said it was best to get it out now rather than wait and let it continue to grow. He didnít feel that this wS cancer anyway. But while they had me my wife answered a phone call for me. Yup the company calling wanting to know if I wanted to come in to work., I tell these guys just donít get it.. But yes I am all healed up and will be starting back to work this Sunday night. I guess they must miss my experience there and want me back ASAP.. I wonder how they are going to do all that when I retire in less than two more years.. I can hardly wait for the day to come..
Old 09-18-2020, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Glad you are doing well Phil. You will love retirement.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you CI !! I wished that I could afford it right now but know that I will have to wait around a year and half to two years. But I will be as soon as I can..
Old 09-19-2020, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

With the covid issue in mind we really focused on the garden this year and had a record harvest. I bought a fence for the garden area which kept the deer out. All for us and nothing for the deer. They still eat well in the orchard but we get way more apples, peaches, cherries and pears than we can eat so let them pig out. Speaking of deer I went over to the dark side as my buddy Rob in Vt puts it....lol and picked up a crossbow. Now I gotta get a better target since the bolts go right through my black block target. Looking to put 2 doe in the freezer for covids sake.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

My garden grew really well this year as well. I have an electric fence up to keep the deer out as well as those damn cows! Never had anything in it. Itís harvested now and I shut the fence off as well as lifted a few wires. The deer are loving it. They gave some any deer permits out for this area this year. That allows me to take one out with the bow. So my sights are getting set on putting one in the freezer. No one wants to get COVID-19. I also got my paperwork from cancer care in case it enters the job sight which will allow me time off until they can get rid of it. But overall it is going to be nice to get back to work..