Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Any photography fans in here? >

Any photography fans in here?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Any photography fans in here?

Old 06-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm into photography....

when I was really into it, it was the 35mm era... still have it....I hear the lens could still work with a modern body....but don't have a real need for one at the moment.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

From what a photographer friend of mine told me....

The old, classic, Canon AE-1 used the FD-mount system on their lenses. Today, they are totally incompatible with the modern Canon EOS mounts (Canon EF-mount). Correction... Canon did make an adapter of some type so the "old school" FD lenses could work on the Canon EOS systems, but only in full manual mode.

Nikon uses the F-mount system and has for decades and decades. Hell, it's still used right now today! You can take an "old school" 50mm F-mount lens from 1974 and put it on your new Nikon D7500 digital SLR camera, and it would still mount up and work --- but just like with Canon above, the old Nikon lenses will work in full manual mode, but they'll work. No adapter, no anything. They'll mount right up without a problem.