Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Corona Check In-Soundoff >

Corona Check In-Soundoff

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Corona Check In-Soundoff

Old 05-28-2020, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if the timing is good but I`m in self isolation as I am going for an operation next week. Turns out I have a 70% compressed spinal column in my neck along with severe arthritis in the same spot. Never any pain. I thought I had carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands as they are always numb. Buttoning, shaving, putting on gloves, tying shoes and a host of other things lead me to believe this as I`m having real trouble doing these things daily. An MRI proved me wrong. The operation will take up to 12 hours with up to 10 days in hospital for recovery. Three to six months before I can return to work with possible two years for full recovery. Physio will start two months after operation. I do not have a choice. Vacation, sick time, and medical will cover this.
Going to miss gardening this year and maybe a hunting season or two, waterfowl mostly.
So, there ya have it. Was working up until last week. Just a little anxious now.

RB

Last edited by rbduck; 05-28-2020 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Wow!!! Prayers on the way and best of luck on the operation.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Best of luck with it RB.. Sending along healing thoughts and prayers hoping for some relief to you..

I have a bulging disc in my back that messes me up a lot. Come last fall after working on getting that moose out my neck started bothering me. At cancer care during a checkup the oncologist stated that there is a good chance that all the radiation treatments I had in that area may have made the bones brittle. Also that I should get it checked out. I still havenít as of yet.

This corona stuff had slowed down a land purchase that I have been trying to get. Finally after dodging through all the hoops and whistles it had gotten done with. So now we own the land that our camp is at. My wife and I are very happy to get to own the land rather than keep paying a lease every year.. Itís a one acres lot and we are both happy with it and can do what we want with it now..
Old 07-13-2020, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

For rbduck, how did the operation go? Hopefully it turned out well.