Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Looking at a new mattress >

Looking at a new mattress

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Looking at a new mattress

Old 02-19-2020, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

When we had our waterbed I remember trying to lift the tongue on a loaded utility trailer to hook it to the hitch. As I lifted up I felt lightning bolts go through my back. I told the others there I was heading home. Took a couple Ibuprofen and slept all night in the warm waterbed. Amazingly, I woke up feeling fine. I too miss it but our next bed lasted 10 years and was a good one from a Midwest only maker/outlet.

If you lay on many before you buy, I think your back will tell you. I found one last year that I loved but wouldn't spend that kind of money and settled on one again made by another local mfg that feels good enough. We're all so different in what feels good it's hard to recommend one. General recommendations seem to be medium/soft, at least as a starting point. That's what I like.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I have suffered from back pain for years. I finally bought a "sleep number" mattress and it made a big difference.
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm currently having the same problem and in search of a new mattress. It would be great to find out about your experience after time passed.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:48 PM
Spike

Check out Saatva mattress. we love ours. Found a good deal on https://mattressive.com/ and made the decisions within few minutes. Are old one was already in horrible condition and It traveled. Every morning it has slid a good six inches to one side. I have put a non-slip rug liner under it to no avail.

Last edited by anygreen; 03-18-2022 at 04:09 PM.