Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
What do you smoke? >

What do you smoke?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

What do you smoke?

Old 03-10-2020, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

February 1991... Skiing at Killington, Vermont.

I smoked Marlboro Lights for years before that... Well, we were all riding the chairlifts back up to the summit when one of the group lost their glove (a very expensive glove!) while fumbling around with their heavy jacket, etc.. and took of their glove, etc... Whatever... All I remember is shouting that I would ski back down and find it (making visual landmarks, ski trails, trees, etc..). I skied back down to where I assumed we were, with the chairlift passing by overhead. I skied way over to the edge of the ski trail to the treeline, popped off my ski bindings, and started to hike down into the massive amount of snow (knee deep, thigh deep in places, etc..). I continued downwards until I spotted the expensive ski glove, and retrieved it. Now, I had to hike my way back up through extremely deep snow, grabbing onto saplings and tree branches and whatever else I could grab to assist me. Long story short -- I made it back up to the edge of the ski trail and was so out of breath, so winded, so exhausted, I couldn't move. All I could do was lay there in the snow, gasping for air. A ski patrol guy came cruising over on a snowmobile with a sled towed behind it, and he asked me if I was okay and needed medical support at the base lodge. I told him I was fine, and to leave me alone and let my catch my breath. Deep down inside, I knew cigarettes were the main cause of this, and I made a life saving motion right then and there to quit cold turkey. I took the remaining pack of Marlboro Lights from my jacket and chucked them into the woods. I laid back down in the snow, looking upwards and the sky and I said, "God, please don't ever let me smoke another cigarette again.." --- and that was it. Bam... Done... Right then and there... 2020 - 1991... Wow... 29 years ago!!! And I haven't touched a cigarette since!!

Last edited by ButchA; 03-10-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Cigars from Cuba.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

My evenings after work used to almost always consist of a cigar or two and a Dr Pepper or two. Decided when I got married that I needed to prioritize my health a little more for my family and leave a little better example for my kids to follow, so I quit.

Now like some others here, I still smoke. Just with the Big Green Egg instead of tobacco.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Never smoked and neither has my wife. Always thought it was a stupid waste of money especially when it was known to be bad for you. Note.... when I was young the health issues weren't talked about.
Common now, you can't put a price on health.. Haha..
Old 05-21-2020, 12:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Danny Qister View Post
Once I tried smoking cigars. Even the cradle and hookah smoked. Now I smoke only tobacoo cigarettes. I want to try electronic cigarettes or vape. And which of these have you tried?
PS: I know everything about harm to health.
Ahah dude I tried cigars and it's just awful!