Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Who's still here?? >

Who's still here??

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Who's still here??

Old 02-26-2020, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad I stopped in.. good to see a few are still around.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see you poke your head into the tent and say hi.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Still have my Cardeer neckless. I wear it every time I hunt antlered or horned game.

(it was the 2003 meltdown and the heavy handed mods that nearly killed this forum)

Last edited by Weasel; 02-29-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

IIRC, the 2003 meltdown was a total loss of posts on the server. Prior to that there were a couple smaller server crashes that removed some but not all posts and topics. The heavy handed mods didn't occur until around 2010 and both of those mods are no longer mods. Although we did get stuck with mr4pt as a mod, er new Sheriff. He doesn't come around that often anyway. Must be gettin old or something.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
IIRC, the 2003 meltdown was a total loss of posts on the server. Prior to that there were a couple smaller server crashes that removed some but not all posts and topics. The heavy handed mods didn't occur until around 2010 and both of those mods are no longer mods. Although we did get stuck with mr4pt as a mod, er new Sheriff. He doesn't come around that often anyway. Must be gettin old or something.
I always liked the way forky did mod work. Pretty laid back and never took his power too far. Good sense of humor too. Mods have the responsibility as part of the "management team" to post once in a while. Come on 4pt get back to business.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah. Enough vacation time.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

The other, um.. "Mod" that we had was a former Marine and was an interesting character, to put it mildly.

Honest... Straight from the heart... I tried to talk to him via PM, man to man, veteran to veteran, buddy to buddy, etc.... It didn't work and I almost got banned over it. Thankfully the main Admin people realized what he was doing and removed him, and saved this site!

Glad to know everyone is still around, alive and kicking!

Last edited by ButchA; 03-04-2020 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo
Old 03-11-2020, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I reckon I'm still here but I don't post much. Just to catch up, I've been retired for over 7 years and I'm living the dream. I did hit a bump in the road a year ago when my PSA levels increased slightly above normal. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and have since had a radical prostatectomy. So far all is good. My PSA levels have been undetectable since and I thank the good Lord for that. I have 5 grand kids, ages 2 to 11 and they all live within 3 miles of me. Never a dull moment when they visit. It's good to see some of the old timers are still here. I'm on facebook and am friends with several that were here back in the day.

Last edited by WVCritter; 03-11-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear the good news!
Old 03-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Butch, there was only 1 reason that other mod got demoted and it wasn't because Admin finally figured it out. It was a lot of behind the scenes stuff from other mods intervening from what I've heard. He wasn't the only mod that brought this place down but he definitely did the most damage. Even the Marines would not put up with that kind of crap. There were a few other mods who also did damage but they're no longer mods either. There are no mods holding this place back anymore that I can see. Admin rarely seems to get involved except for they cut chat but that was pretty dead before it was cut. The only thing that keeps this place from getting real busy now is the members. The members who were here a long time ago treated this place like some kind of gathering place or bar where they could laugh, joke and let off steam. Most of the newer members don't view his place the same way. They post serious questions or answers but it's strictly business for most of them. Many of the forums here have their own little set of members who don't like it when new members or even just members who haven't regularly posted in those forums start posting. They run them off. It works because people stop trying to post in those forums. But it also means those forums go flat. People have other places they can go now where they don't get the flack, move on with their life, get busy with work or maybe even get a life. For many older members now, this place just doesn't have the same magic anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.