Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck! >

Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck!

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck!

Old 11-22-2019, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck!

A little out of my price range but wow!

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Cybertruck is built with an exterior shell made for ultimate durability and passenger protection. Starting with a nearly impenetrable exoskeleton, every component is designed for superior strength and endurance, from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to Tesla armor glass.
ULTRA-HARD 30X COLD-ROLLED STAINLESS STEELIf there was something better, wed use it. Help eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion with a smooth monochrome exoskeleton that puts the shell on the outside of the car and provides you and your passengers maximum protection.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

The armored glass isn't worth spit, there is a news story that shows a guy demonstrating how tough the vehicle is. He throws a steel ball at the front drivers door window and it breaks, then he throws one at the rear door window, it also breaks. That has to be one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. I wouldn't drive it if they gave one to me.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

My thought exactly. Looks like something from one of those post nuke disaster movies. Someone I know drives one of the high end cars. Very nice and scary fast.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-22-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
The armored glass isn't worth spit, there is a news story that shows a guy demonstrating how tough the vehicle is. He throws a steel ball at the front drivers door window and it breaks, then he throws one at the rear door window, it also breaks. That has to be one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. I wouldn't drive it if they gave one to me.
Yea that's in the You-tube video. Opps lol. I think it's a step forward but I'd wait until the crash results are published before I put any money down.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
My thought exactly. Looks like something from one of those post nuke disaster movies. Someone I know drives one of the high end cars. Very nice and scary fast.
I drove one of the sedans. It's a whole other type of car and like you said very fast. Even the basic truck which was $39,900 has auto-pilot. That would be something for the longer trips. The presenter also said something about an on board generator and compressor. If that means you can do your own recharging in remote areas that would be something also.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Neat concept, but odd looking and does it actually have a truck bed? Not sure how useful it is as a truck at this point.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by North Texan View Post
Neat concept, but odd looking and does it actually have a truck bed? Not sure how useful it is as a truck at this point.
It would look good parked down by the river though...

I also heard it can haul 7500#. So, this might be the way to go. My newer truck only has a 6.5' bed and after years of 8'ers I've noticed the difference.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 11-23-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Dominant Buck

The sedans are nice looking. I wonder who his designer was? Terminator???
Old 11-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
It would look good parked down by the river though...

I also heard it can haul 7500#. So, this might be the way to go. My newer truck only has a 6.5' bed and after years of 8'ers I've noticed the difference.

It would look good in a junk yard! Batteries are made to start internal combustion engines, not to power a vehicle!
Old 11-24-2019, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Golf carts belong on the golf course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.