Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck! >

Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck!

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck!

Old 11-22-2019, 09:16 AM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default Okay, it's finally done: Tesla Truck!

A little out of my price range but wow!

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Cybertruck is built with an exterior shell made for ultimate durability and passenger protection. Starting with a nearly impenetrable exoskeleton, every component is designed for superior strength and endurance, from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to Tesla armor glass.
ULTRA-HARD 30X COLD-ROLLED STAINLESS STEELIf there was something better, wed use it. Help eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion with a smooth monochrome exoskeleton that puts the shell on the outside of the car and provides you and your passengers maximum protection.

Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 11-22-2019, 11:47 AM
  #2  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,263
Default

The armored glass isn't worth spit, there is a news story that shows a guy demonstrating how tough the vehicle is. He throws a steel ball at the front drivers door window and it breaks, then he throws one at the rear door window, it also breaks. That has to be one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. I wouldn't drive it if they gave one to me.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 11-22-2019, 03:45 PM
  #3  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,365
Default

My thought exactly. Looks like something from one of those post nuke disaster movies. Someone I know drives one of the high end cars. Very nice and scary fast.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-22-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 11-22-2019, 07:32 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
The armored glass isn't worth spit, there is a news story that shows a guy demonstrating how tough the vehicle is. He throws a steel ball at the front drivers door window and it breaks, then he throws one at the rear door window, it also breaks. That has to be one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. I wouldn't drive it if they gave one to me.
Yea that's in the You-tube video. Opps lol. I think it's a step forward but I'd wait until the crash results are published before I put any money down.
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 11-22-2019, 07:36 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
My thought exactly. Looks like something from one of those post nuke disaster movies. Someone I know drives one of the high end cars. Very nice and scary fast.
I drove one of the sedans. It's a whole other type of car and like you said very fast. Even the basic truck which was $39,900 has auto-pilot. That would be something for the longer trips. The presenter also said something about an on board generator and compressor. If that means you can do your own recharging in remote areas that would be something also.
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 06:17 AM
  #6  
Giant Nontypical
 
North Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: a van down by the river
Posts: 8,907
Default

Neat concept, but odd looking and does it actually have a truck bed? Not sure how useful it is as a truck at this point.
North Texan is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 08:32 AM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by North Texan View Post
Neat concept, but odd looking and does it actually have a truck bed? Not sure how useful it is as a truck at this point.
It would look good parked down by the river though...

I also heard it can haul 7500#. So, this might be the way to go. My newer truck only has a 6.5' bed and after years of 8'ers I've noticed the difference.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 11-23-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 08:48 AM
  #8  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,365
Default

The sedans are nice looking. I wonder who his designer was? Terminator???
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 03:10 PM
  #9  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,263
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
It would look good parked down by the river though...

I also heard it can haul 7500#. So, this might be the way to go. My newer truck only has a 6.5' bed and after years of 8'ers I've noticed the difference.

It would look good in a junk yard! Batteries are made to start internal combustion engines, not to power a vehicle!
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 05:51 PM
  #10  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,322
Default

Golf carts belong on the golf course.
Fieldmouse is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.