Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Age or injuries takes away many hobbies >

Age or injuries takes away many hobbies

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Age or injuries takes away many hobbies

Old 11-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had that dreaded cancer bug and I end up coughing a lot which clearly messes with my hunting.. Especially deer hunting.. After I am sitting for a while patiently waiting and all of a sudden I take coughing really ruins your hunt.. But, it's not stopping me from getting out there.. I also have an issue with a disc in my back that every once in a while messes with my right leg. But, again I will not let it stop me from doing what I enjoy. Although like Cal has stated I need to pace myself more..
Old 11-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Spike

I did stop some of my hobbies after a particular injury.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kapparecall View Post
I did stop some of my hobbies after a particular injury.
It's a tough decision to make. But what are you gonna do?
Old 12-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Age is my "injury". At 67, dragging a deer out f the woods is getting a little harder not to mention sitting up to shoot while in a ground blind goose\duck hunting. Still love doing it though.

RB
Old 12-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best thing one can do as we age is STRETCH. Flexibility is #1 reason for injury. Stretch, yoga, pilates etc. Work on mobility and range of motion
Old 12-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

^^^ Lot of wisdom.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

arthritis in both hands, both shoulders, left elbow, and a bum knee and was just diagnosed with asthma, also have slight hypertension to deal with, needless to say I can't go after it like I use to, but still have fun, I miss bear hunting with hounds the most.
RR
Old 12-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

arthritis in the knees plus no cartilage has taken the fun out of hunting and fishing. it hampers me in getting around. luckily there are places that i can drive to so i can still fish. hunting all i have to do is go out the back door and watch the field and woods.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mr Slim, I recommend a new knee! Life changing for me. Went from agony to go for a walk with my wife, to hiking 6-10 miles in the mountains, hunting, biking, fishing all pain free. You go through a short period of "what the hell did I do to myself" then you get better FAST and off you go.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went to get up Sunday morning and couldn't do it. Went to the doctor and found out I had a bulging disk in my back. Now that is slowing me down a lot right now. The recliner and heating pads are my friends right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.