HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Off Season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-season-117/)
-   -   Unusual Encounter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-season/421962-unusual-encounter.html)

Squatcher 10-17-2019 06:32 AM

Unusual Encounter

Hello,

Over the course of the last few years, I have been speaking with hunters & other outdoors people/ both men & women that have had unusual encounters while out in the woods hunting, fishing; whether in their stand, their blind, out on their boat, going to or coming from their spot. Now, when I say, “unusual encounter”, I am talking about something that you might have heard stories about, maybe even made jokes about, but never expected to see yourself, because you never actually took it seriously.

Now that you have, you don’t know who to speak with, worried that you might face the same ridicule, jokes or worse. Well, that’s why this posting was created here & on other sites; we are tracking those encounters, cataloging their details in an attempt to gather data on the subject in an attempt to figure things out.

You probably have questions, you might have concerns, possibly not sure who you can ask to get answers regarding any of those questions or concerns. There is no ridicule here, just honest answers.

What we are asking is for you to click on the email link below and please tell us about what occurred, where it occurred, date, time and all the details that you can and are willing to provide.
If you want, you can provide a number if you want a call back to discuss further, or you can ask any questions you want in the email and we will respond back.
We may email back asking for clarification on certain details, so please dont be surprised if you do get a response asking for additional details.

Thank you for your assistance.

Please click on this email link; [email protected]

Oldtimr 10-21-2019 02:41 PM

Oh brother, the give the wackos a forum hotline!

Champlain Islander 10-21-2019 03:44 PM

Where do i sign up to be a mod for 1 day so I can delete this one. My computer didn't like the link..We don't need stuff like this.

Bocajnala 10-21-2019 04:20 PM

Ernos got lots to share!

-Jake

Oldtimr 10-21-2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4363092)
Ernos got lots to share!

-Jake

:happy0157::happy0157::happy0001::happy0001:

Erno86 10-22-2019 12:24 PM

I was fishing on a reservoir lake here in Maryland one day...while using a 17 year mature locust for bait. I hooked him in the abdomen and made my unweighted cast --- only to see him fly away for a bit before he plopped in the water --- BTW...great bait.

Erno86 10-22-2019 12:34 PM

I was walking along while shore fishing on another lake one day...when I came upon a beaver hut. When I walked on top of the beaver hut...one on the beav's growled at me while he was still in his hut. Needless to say...I got off that hut in a real hurry.:lmao:

Bocajnala 10-22-2019 12:40 PM

When I was a kid I tried to use a canoe to sneak up on a beaver that was sitting on a bank eating. I got really close. It tried to leap into the water and landed in my canoe and quickly got itself back out.

Beavers can be mean. I was young enough that I didn't know enough to be scared. But I was lucky it got out and didn't hurt me or flip the canoe.

i also had an 8pt buck leap right over top of my canoe while going down a canal that connected two farm ponds. It went through a section of woods and that buck leaped right over me.
-Jake

flags 10-29-2019 12:48 PM

On a somewhat reflective note, sasquatch/bigfoot is a myth. Anyone with 3 functioning brain cells who really stops to think about can see why it is a myth. For one thing in order to have a viable species of large mammals to exist in the amount of time that this thing has been talked about would require at least 150 individuals to maintain genetic diversity. In other words there would have to be a breeding population. Think about that for a minute.

Now consider that in the settlement phase of this nation hunters and trappers went into every possible niche in this land. They nearly wiped out the beaver, the elk, the grizzly, the wolf, the bison etc... But not one of these professional killers ever shot a sasquatch or even found one dead? Not one bone. Not one sample of flesh. Not one tooth. Not one piece of actual physical evidence. Sorry but I don't buy it.

Then you hear about so called cases where people have hit the things with cars. Where is the blood? Where is the tissue? Where it the body? Moose get hit by cars and I once saw a bison get hit by a car and the car stopped that critter right there. Seems reasonable that is you hit a 7 foot tall primate with a car it would sure as heck break a leg or 2 and such an animal would be easy to track down.

Sasquatch hunters would be better off trying to catch a fart in the wind that chase this myth around.

younggun308 10-29-2019 06:28 PM

Ergo why people claim Squatch is Canadian.