Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Poulan chain saws >

Poulan chain saws

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Poulan chain saws

Old 10-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I googled it when I was in their lobby. It's was very interesting to learn about their roots.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:45 AM
Spike

I've got a 10+ year old Poulan woodshark with a 14" bar. It's been ok. Sometimes hard to start and/or restart. It's not been 'confidently' reliable. I also have a Husky 435 and Jonsered 2250 with 16" & 18" bars. They are both 2+ years old and have been dead reliable. They both have anti-vibe and are comparable if not lighter in weight than the Poulan. I'll grab the Poulan if I'm doing some dirty work or something quick, but either of the other two are my go to, just for comfort, power and reliability. So, IMHO, Poulan's are serviceable, but there's a night and day difference between my Poulan and the other 2.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a Poulan chainsaw. Note the word HAD! It was a yellow hard plastic colored Poulan #2050, with a common 14" bar. Biggest POS that I ever owned. The chain would constantly loosen all the time. The final straw was when I had to tip it sideways to make a cut, and it started leaking gas out the side and almost near the exhaust muffler! In about 0.2 seconds flat, I shut it down and dropped it on the ground and backed away, in case it was going to catch fire and/or explode!!

Long story short - I tore it all down to pieces, tried to resurrect it/rebuilt it, and gave up. I tossed it in the dump. Right now I have a Stihl chainsaw and haven't looked back. I checked Husqvarna, and they are great, but I discovered Stihl and that was that.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Husqvarna has been around since the 1600s. They got their start in making firearms. Their logo shown below is the rifle sight.
Attached Thumbnails Poulan chain saws-40461.jpeg  
Old 10-23-2019, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

I see it. Interesting.

-Jake