Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Not Back...just visiting >

Not Back...just visiting

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Not Back...just visiting

Old 07-17-2019, 12:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Joe , CI ,Jake, Butch...thanks for the kind replies..I saw the biggest bass I've ever seen in my life yesterday..There's a lake I use to fish Lake Bonny that was wonderful until we had a drought in the 90s..I've tried the lake 3 times in the past and got no bites ,,so I leave that lake alone..In LAKELAND [-; we have 100s of other lakes...Yesterday I tried it once more..it's 4 1.2 miles in circumfence. I only have a 12 foot jon with a trolling motor. lots of grass,,,eel grass lily pads docks ..perfect frog lake, I tied on a Horny Toad and tried that SPLASH...got hit and I landed a 2 1/2 pounder...a few more cast a 2 pounder...that was it for the day..the water between 1 and 2 foot where I was fishing..then my eye caught a 30 inch fish backed into some grass waiting to ambush a small prey..Fat as an inflated football..I'd say the bass was 12 lbs plus..I never seen such a hawg ever.

PLan to go back this morning ..early..before daylight..Braid is a must..that fish would have broken all my monofilament stuff

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-17-2019 at 12:58 AM.