Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Game of Thrones?

Old 05-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

No thoughts on episode 5? I thought it was pretty good.

I suspect a lot of people will complain no matter how it turns out because the show is just to good for any ending to be good enough.

Last edited by rockport; 05-13-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed it, but they are completely off into a different quality than prior seasons. You can tell the author isn't running things any more. To much "just kill em" and major character changes:
- Arya, after years and years of wanting nothing but to kill Cersei, dedicating her life to building teh skills, she's talked out of it at the last second just because of being consumed by revenge?
- Dany going off the deep end, pretty well predicted and had to happen.
- Jamie, I mean come on, he was stabbed, multiple times, in both sides of the ribs, yet he can fight his way through a crowded citry, find tunnels, make his way to Cersei, then get killed by falling rock? What happened to the prophecy that Cersei would die at the hand of her sibling?
- Where's Gendry?
- I thougth all the Dothraki were killed in the first wave with teh white walkers, yet there's tons of them left for this fight?
- Dany looses a dragon quickly, via one shot, first time around with the new uber-crossbows, but now defeats all the ships and all the ones on the castle?

So, predictions for next week, with only one left:
- Dany can't "win". My guess is that Arya will kill her by taking on the "face" of Grey Worm, or Tyrion.
- If not, Jon will kill her and take off with the dragon - don't see how else that dragon dies.
- Jon will refuse the kingdom and go to the wall as lord commander
- Some combination of Sansa, Tyrion and Davos will form a committee to run the 7 kingdoms. I think the monarchy is over.

People I am pretty sure will die: Dany, Grey Worm
Maybe: Davos, Jon
No way: Sansa, Arya, Tyrion
Old 05-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH View Post
I enjoyed it, but they are completely off into a different quality than prior seasons. You can tell the author isn't running things any more. To much "just kill em" and major character changes:
- Arya, after years and years of wanting nothing but to kill Cersei, dedicating her life to building teh skills, she's talked out of it at the last second just because of being consumed by revenge?
- Dany going off the deep end, pretty well predicted and had to happen.
- Jamie, I mean come on, he was stabbed, multiple times, in both sides of the ribs, yet he can fight his way through a crowded citry, find tunnels, make his way to Cersei, then get killed by falling rock? What happened to the prophecy that Cersei would die at the hand of her sibling?
- Where's Gendry?
- I thougth all the Dothraki were killed in the first wave with teh white walkers, yet there's tons of them left for this fight?
- Dany looses a dragon quickly, via one shot, first time around with the new uber-crossbows, but now defeats all the ships and all the ones on the castle?

So, predictions for next week, with only one left:
- Dany can't "win". My guess is that Arya will kill her by taking on the "face" of Grey Worm, or Tyrion.
- If not, Jon will kill her and take off with the dragon - don't see how else that dragon dies.
- Jon will refuse the kingdom and go to the wall as lord commander
- Some combination of Sansa, Tyrion and Davos will form a committee to run the 7 kingdoms. I think the monarchy is over.

People I am pretty sure will die: Dany, Grey Worm
Maybe: Davos, Jon
No way: Sansa, Arya, Tyrion
The prophecy that Cersei would die at the hand of her sibling was never in the show. Only the books and I don't think anybody ever claimed that was all the Dothraki
Old 05-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Dominant Buck

The melt down from people who named their kid after Dany and now she's turned nuts is priceless. My local radio show guys in the morning have been ragging on folks who's life is now over. Twitter has been busy with people who are ruined.

I believe Ayra does kill Dany. Jon dies somewhere along the line. Thyrion and Sansa rule the throne. And the uncle Stark becomes the new night king.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 05-15-2019 at 03:33 PM.