Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Game of Thrones? >

Game of Thrones?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Game of Thrones?

Old 04-30-2019, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great show...what a battle with the dead. Arya killing the Night King was a surprise and the way she did it was awesome. I thought for sure it would have been Jon. And I do believe Jon will relinquish his right to the throne to Daenerys. I couldn't really tell for sure but I believe she only has one dragon left. The one Jon was on was fighting the dead dragon and it crash landed throwing Jon off but they never showed it as being dead.

What to watch a couple real good shows if you're able to stream past episodes? Try Poldark. and on Neflix "The Last Kingdom"

Last edited by bronko22000; 04-30-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering if they have enough people left alive to taken on Cersei, of course there's those dragons! I think they still have 2

I was suprised someone major didn't die, they killed off some folks, but the most "major" was Theon. I really figured someone key was going to die.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never seen an episode.

Ron
Old 04-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000 View Post
Great show...what a battle with the dead. Arya killing the Night King was a surprise and the way she did it was awesome. I thought for sure it would have been Jon. And I do believe Jon will relinquish his right to the throne to Daenerys. I couldn't really tell for sure but I believe she only has one dragon left. The one Jon was on was fighting the dead dragon and it crash landed throwing Jon off but they never showed it as being dead.

What to watch a couple real good shows if you're able to stream past episodes? Try Poldark. and on Neflix "The Last Kingdom"
I believe both dragons were in the episode 4 trailer.

I'm ready for it to get back to real people. I like it all but I prefer the people and politics over the Army of the dead stuff. The last book has not been written by George RR Martin for this season which makes it a little harder to predict as this season is obviously not based on the writings of Martin like the rest of the series.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000 View Post

I've watched the last kingdom Not Poldark.

Keep in mind, Robert Baratheon's offspring is in the belly of a Stark. She just killed the night king Hmmm, they still need to get to kings landing. She could face trade and get next to Cersei. Might give her kid the big boost that's needed.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:31 AM
Spike

I'm a little disappointed with the 3 Series Game of Thrones. It seemed to me this fight should have been on several series.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think having the war with the dead run over several episodes would have gotten old, they did it just like they should have done it. The problem with many series shows is that they don't know when to stop and end a situation. GOT got it right!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I think having the war with the dead run over several episodes would have gotten old, they did it just like they should have done it. The problem with many series shows is that they don't know when to stop and end a situation. GOT got it right!
I agree and also its unlikely any ending would do GOT justice. The show has been too damn good to ever be completely satisfied with the ending.

As far as it being several episodes that was kind of the point in have less but longer episodes. Episode 3 was quite a bit longer than episodes usually are. I was personally happy I got to watch it all in one night rather than wait another week for the 2nd half.

I thought episode 3 was great and like I said the science fiction stuff is really not even the part of game of thrones that I really like.

Last edited by rockport; 05-02-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

And then there was only 1 dragon.

They sure got all those massive crossbows built and installed pretty quick on each ship and the castle. Not sure why she didn't fly around behind the ships and fry them from there, all the crossbows where on the fronts.

Not sure how this will play out, but now I see three legit contenders for the throne:
- Jon - he is the rightful heir of the Targeryon line, but doesn't want it
- Danyeris - she no longer has a legit claim and when she tried to connect with Jon despite being his aunt then tell him to keep his name a secret, well she won't make it
- Gendry. He is the oldest son of the former king, and he's been made "legit" now rather than a bastard. His claim is the cleanest now, no coup needed, he can legitly unseat Cersei just by showing up and proving who he is. would be a bit ironic if Danyeris's move to make friends, ends her claim :-)

Arya, Jamie and the Hound are on the move to the same place to remove Cersi and the mountain.

Couple of other thoughts on it:
- Bron. That scene with Tyrion and Jamie was very out of character. He's always been friendly with both of them, he was very antagonistic. Unless he finally just hit his breaking point with that family jerking him around, now he's playing both sides. I've always liked his character, but that scene was werid.

- Gery Worm. During the strategy session when they were moving pieces around the board, it seemed Jon moved the unsullied and he reached out and moved his piece back. Wonder if the support of the army against Jon will come back to bite his ass.

- During the standoff, the dragon was sitting there on the ground, why not just unload all those crossbows at it, looked in range after what they did to the boats. The only way Cersei loses is those dragons, unless there turns out to not be a fight due to some backstabbing coming.

My guess with 2 left:
- Some combination of Hound, Arya and Jamie take out Cersie and the Mountain. While I'd love Arya to do it, justice says Jamie takes down Cersie. I don't think Arya is done killing, so I think she gets the weasly little guy, and the Hound gets the Mountain.
- Then we have to have a resolution to Jon/Dany/Gendry. I see Gendry coming out on top as Jon would support his claim, just as Ned did - which ultimately got Ned killed
Old 05-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Hound has to kill the mountain. Pay back for their childhood and the mountain burning his face.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.