Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Where is everyone?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Early morning was my gig when I was a mod. I go fishing almost every day but had time to sign on around 5:30 am eastern time and clean out the spam that landed in the night as well as go through the popular forums looking for anything that required mod intervention or assistance. The latest software update seems to have reduced a lot of that spam I had to deal with so I was replaced by automation...LOL Our head mod is a west coaster so his gig was afternoon into the evening and late night. There were a couple of other active mods who filled in the holes and took good care of the BP forum. I understand that the site might be getting one or two more mods which should help. Tough job and it can be difficult to have the whole day and night covered since it is just a non compensated volunteer job. .
Old 02-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
Now that's weird. None of the mods are logged in this morning. Big meeting?

I wouldn't say it's weird at all. There's only a couple of active mods. There are lots of times when nobody is logged in.

-Jake
Old 02-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

No meeting that I'm aware of. I think CI and Bocajnala pretty much called it. There's only a couple of active mods and we're pretty spread out throughout the day.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
No meeting that I'm aware of. I think CI and Bocajnala pretty much called it. There's only a couple of active mods and we're pretty spread out throughout the day.
If there was you and I missed out on it Cal

-Jake
Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Well, it's nice that at least 2 of the mods are around. Where are the rest? No offense but I've never even seen some of the mods post. Do mods have any activity requirements?
Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

No.

-Jake
Old 02-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Interesting. Thank you for being honest. I see you probably post more than any of the other mods. Thank you for all the work you do.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
Interesting. Thank you for being honest. I see you probably post more than any of the other mods. Thank you for all the work you do.
We're all active at different times of the day, and even different times of the year depending on what is going on.

I'm not the most active mod, but I try to check in at least daily and usually manage a few times a day.

Also active different areas of the site. You'll rarely see me in the political forum unless there's been a complaint filed that I need to look into.

moderating is voluntary work, and as such each mod has to decide for themselves how much they are willing to do. If you let it, it can become very time consuming. Especially when spam posts are high.

-Jake
Old 02-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stealthycat...there's a name from the past. I like(d) reading posts from VC1111. I found this place looking at 5 Shot's posts. I think Powduck and Hawkshaw went elsewhere.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Stealthycat is a legend! Brad is a good guy, awesome bow hunter and a skilled debater. VC1111 wrote the best stories this website has ever seen. Vince also wasn't any slouch when it came to debating.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service