Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
(Noob)... Hello everyone >

(Noob)... Hello everyone

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

(Noob)... Hello everyone

Old 04-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default (Noob)... Hello everyone

Just introducing myself. Here's a little about myself:

I am 51 years old.

I am from, actually I'm embarrassed to say, California or rather Commiefornia. And as soon as I can retire, or maybe sooner, I am out of this liberal nightmare of a state. Me and other conservatives here have tried to keep California somewhat normal. But lefty just has far too many numbers and I've had about as much as I can take. And wherever I move, they certainly won't have to worry about me. I will cancel out any lefty's vote there with my vote.

I am prior service Army Infantry (9th Infantry Division Fort Lewis, WA) during the mid 80's while Ronald Reagan was our President. The first President I was old enough to vote for by-the-way.

I am mostly of German ancestry (mother's side) and from my father's side he's mostly of Mexican ancestry but has a fair amount of Mescalero Apache which makes sense since his side of the family tree goes back as far as can be traced in what is now the state of New Mexico.

In addition to going shooting and hunting. I have enjoyed motorcycles, scuba diving, snow skiing and just traveling, and, a good barbecue now and then with family or friends is always fun.

And as far as my social/political/economic views: Given most of my upbringing comes from my mother and her side of the family who are all from Wichita Falls Texas. I am very much a conservative price-discovery-free-market-capitalist, and, well, a Southern Californian city boy raised with rural Texas country boy values. And yes that has always made me a bit of an odd-ball where I live. But I am who I am and I've never allowed myself to be persuaded to be anything other than who I am.

Anyway, that's me and happy to join this forum.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome aboard. Retired Navy Chief here, teaching NJROTC in the great state of TX. Spent 3 years of my naval career in the Land of the Loony. Hated every second of it.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome, the more conservatives the better.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Welcome to the jungle. Glad to see another Conservative sign up.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Iron Condor View Post
Just introducing myself. Here's a little about myself:

I am 51 years old.

I am from, actually I'm embarrassed to say, California or rather Commiefornia. And as soon as I can retire, or maybe sooner, I am out of this liberal nightmare of a state. Me and other conservatives here have tried to keep California somewhat normal. But lefty just has far too many numbers and I've had about as much as I can take. And wherever I move, they certainly won't have to worry about me. I will cancel out any lefty's vote there with my vote.

I am prior service Army Infantry (9th Infantry Division Fort Lewis, WA) during the mid 80's while Ronald Reagan was our President. The first President I was old enough to vote for by-the-way.

I am mostly of German ancestry (mother's side) and from my father's side he's mostly of Mexican ancestry but has a fair amount of Mescalero Apache which makes sense since his side of the family tree goes back as far as can be traced in what is now the state of New Mexico.

In addition to going shooting and hunting. I have enjoyed motorcycles, scuba diving, snow skiing and just traveling, and, a good barbecue now and then with family or friends is always fun.

And as far as my social/political/economic views: Given most of my upbringing comes from my mother and her side of the family who are all from Wichita Falls Texas. I am very much a conservative price-discovery-free-market-capitalist, and, well, a Southern Californian city boy raised with rural Texas country boy values. And yes that has always made me a bit of an odd-ball where I live. But I am who I am and I've never allowed myself to be persuaded to be anything other than who I am.

Anyway, that's me and happy to join this forum.
Welcome to the forum from me and the mother of my children - (sachiko). Post often! We are committed social conservatives but more likely fiscal moderates.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the forum,Plenty of input on here,,Enjoy
Old 04-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Spike

Thanks guys...
Old 04-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you'll fit in alright! Welcome!

Still ride motorcycles? What kind? I use a kawaskai concours for the daily commute when the weather cooperates. And I put around on a Harley 1200 sportster for fun occasionally.

-Jake
Old 04-14-2018, 05:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala View Post
Sounds like you'll fit in alright! Welcome!

Still ride motorcycles? What kind? I use a kawaskai concours for the daily commute when the weather cooperates. And I put around on a Harley 1200 sportster for fun occasionally.

-Jake

Yes, but not as much as when I was younger. Bikes I've had over the years: Kawasaki 600 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX7, Suzuki GSXR-750 and Ducati 996.

Here's me on Angeles Crest Hwy many years ago on my GSXR-750

Here's me and my Ducati 996 also several years ago. Sorry but I don't have any current photos. I'm not like today's millinials running around taking selfies of themselves all the time.

I think this is the most recent photo of me. Its about 7yrs ago.