Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Bullying ?

Old 09-22-2017, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bullying ?

Just by today's standards what is this ?
Old 09-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

You know, interesting question. I've heard about a lot of that occuring in private school either a grade up or below my kids. For my sons grade, he was too well respected by the other kids so he wouldn't let any of it happen in his grade. Everyone played football at recess, go figure. A teacher even sent us an email complimenting us on raising our son right because everyone played and participated.

On the other hand, my wife's business associate had a daughter who was really bullied bad to a point I will just say it got serious. I just don't understand she is a pretty redhead. Then I guess redheads are unique. I have another close friend where his son said he just wanted one friend in school. He has friends in his neighborhood but at the private school he got singled out. It got so bad, they were considering yanking him out of the school.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ts just picking one someone for "X" reason
I don't think its anything new, it happened since humans walked earth I bet!
and f you follow history, tons of proof along the way!

BUT< what has changed I think is HOW Its done, the generations today are so addicted to social media and that goes world wide and viral fast, so its not as much small time as maybe it was yrs back

heck you can find it on forums, when certain members gang up on others, to PUSH THERE way, or pick apart a OP"s tread or subject.
I am sure its chased many members away at times
as again, so many today are so deep into social media and the world wide web, they get things like feelings and such hurt WAY more I think than yrs back

I also and sorry if this offends anyone, But truly think Humans have become WAY softer than in the past, everyone seems to get offended way faster on many things, then have little or NO shame or embarrassment when they do dumb things(youtube and like places , its bragging rights to show off your failures these days> something yrs back I think folks would be ashamed of and NEVER be willingly sharing like they do today!)
so people got think shin on some things but much weaker on others! IMO
Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

social media piles a new angle onto an age old problem. Words can hurt, but they are said and gone - except in memory. Social media is there for ever, for others to see and pile onto, at all times. Add the "internet courage" and it gets worse
Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Lot of wisdom in what the last 2 posted.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Depends on your political beliefs. If you lean one way, you suck it up. If you lean the other way, you are a victim and wake up looking for a reason to be offended or "bullied", every day.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Men used to be men. Now everyone is so sensitive. Then you got helicopter parents. Millenials who are offended at eveything.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to be a man and not a woman...

as men we at least tell each other to shut up, or watch your mouth...

seems like the mental games women "bully" each other with would be way more annoying,

I remember telling someone how if guys did to other guys what women do to each other.... we'd have punched the other guy long ago...

plus guys fight/argue and are either friends the next day or cut that person from our life.

I'm sure it's real to many kids these days but online bullying, in my head I laugh and just say quit facebook etc... don't check it, unfriend these bullies,

Last edited by salukipv1; 09-27-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

by my standards, its some punk that picks on someone younger, smaller, or weaker. guess this makes him feel like a man. probably goes the same for girls too.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

When/where I grew up it happened to everybody almost like it was human nature designed to prepare you for life.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service