Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Bullying ?

Old 09-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Men used to be men. Now everyone is so sensitive. Then you got helicopter parents. Millenials who are offended at eveything.
Yeah, I remember riding my bicycle to baseball practice with my glove on the handlebar. My parents never went to practice. They both worked their a$$es off - depression era folks. They came to most games, but not all.

Then while raising my kids in the 90's, parents started attending every practice. Car pooling to out of town games dwindled. Every kid brought their own water bottle. Parents brought chairs, coolers, umbrellas, and tents to games. Most refused to sit in the bleachers. It became the out-do-the-neighbors situation.

I could not imagine what it is like nowadays.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

It will only get worse now that we are seeing more and more so-called "safe places" on high school and college campuses where you cannot talk about certain things or disagree with anyone . We are and have been for a decade or more a bunch of girly men. Image their surprise when they finally get out of school and find out in the real world there are no safe places and people can and do say what ever they want to say and either you have to ignore it or challenge it. There are no "safe places" where you can hide from life and reality. Like Rockport, back when I was in school it was natural for some to be strong and some weak, I am not talking about beating on some poor 80 lb weakling but jockeying for position, some were leaders and some followers. Today we are raising a generation of followers.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flags is the HNI bully.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
It will only get worse now that we are seeing more and more so-called "safe places" on high school and college campuses where you cannot talk about certain things or disagree with anyone . We are and have been for a decade or more a bunch of girly men. Image their surprise when they finally get out of school and find out in the real world there are no safe places and people can and do say what ever they want to say and either you have to ignore it or challenge it. There are no "safe places" where you can hide from life and reality. Like Rockport, back when I was in school it was natural for some to be strong and some weak, I am not talking about beating on some poor 80 lb weakling but jockeying for position, some were leaders and some followers. Today we are raising a generation of followers.
It was more about age where I grew up really. Older kids roughed up the younger kids. Then when the younger kids grew up they roughed up the younger kids. You either learned to fight or you got beat up it was that simple. You didn't have to whip the guy that was 4 years older, a foot taller, and 50lbs bigger. You just had to make it a fight. The good guys would respect you for it and the bad guys would find somebody easier to "bully"