HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Off Season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-season-117/)
-   -   Photobucket changed their policy - they ain't free no mo' !!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-season/414577-photobucket-changed-their-policy-they-aint-free-no-mo.html)

ButchA 06-30-2017 02:14 PM

Photobucket changed their policy - they ain't free no mo' !!!

Hey everybody,

If you use Photobucket to store uploaded photos to, and then publish the link to a website forum, blog, facebook, yada yada yada, etc..etc..etc.. or you know someone who does, heads up:

As seen in the subject line, Photobucket just shot themselves in the foot by not only going to a "pay to play" policy, but they now just BLOCKED all the url links and "img".... "/img" linking (in brackets not quotes) that everyone uses!!! :bash:

I just spent a few hours switching all my junk over to "imgur" and am using that now (it too is free).

Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone uploads a link to a Photobucket photo and then goes, "W..T..F.." :eek2:

Gm54-120 06-30-2017 02:32 PM

Yep, already started moving my stuff to IMGUR. I still have about 80% left to move.

Flickr is free too and FlickrPro+ is $50 per year.

Topgun 3006 07-01-2017 07:04 AM

Went onto their website and I see they have three choices now and they cost between $60 and $400 a year---No thank you photobucket!

Gm54-120 07-01-2017 07:48 AM

FlickrPro+ is a bargain at $50 a year if you really need that type of account.

What PB did is turn all free accounts into picture spam for their paid service. For that reason alone they will never get a penny from me.

Oldtimr 07-01-2017 08:31 AM

The B-tards finally got me. I have been checking my account every day since people started talking about not being able to post pictures here from PB. I did it again today and I no longer can do it. What really ticks me off is of the three categories of plus, $59,00, $99.00 and $399.00 the only one you could use to post photos is the $399.00 package. They can stuff that where the sun don't shine. Now I am going to have to figure our how to move my pics off of PB to somewhere else which will not be fun since I am not a computer whiz, or even half a computer whiz.

Gm54-120 07-01-2017 09:34 AM

Moving the pics or even downloading them is a HUGE pain even if their website was not terribly buggy. I get weird errors constantly trying to move and download my albums. The ONLY things that dont give me errors are renaming albums and deleting them.

Some stuff doesn't even give an error message. It just sits there forever but never downloads or whatever.

Tufrthnails 07-01-2017 09:58 AM

Swapped to Postimg.org Super simple even from my phone once I got used to it.

Topgun 3006 07-01-2017 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4309421)
The B-tards finally got me. I have been checking my account every day since people started talking about not being able to post pictures here from PB. I did it again today and I no longer can do it. What really ticks me off is of the three categories of plus, $59,00, $99.00 and $399.00 the only one you could use to post photos is the $399.00 package. They can stuff that where the sun don't shine. Now I am going to have to figure our how to move my pics off of PB to somewhere else which will not be fun since I am not a computer whiz, or even half a computer whiz.

You should be able to move them to a file or files you set up right on your computer John. I have never used any of those companies like PB, but rather have all of my photos in separate files right on my computer. All I have to do is click on the browse feature on a website where I want to put a picture and the files come up so all I have to do is click on the picture I want to post and hit download to post it. Once or twice a year I'll put them all on a backup disk in case the computer hard drive crashes so I don't lose all of them.

Gm54-120 07-01-2017 10:19 AM

You can download entire albums at a time but its buggy. They will send a link to the download to your email. It works fine from the email link but that link is only good for 12 hours.

It will download as a zip file which you need to extract.

You can download each file separately but if you are like me and have 1000s of pics then its not really an option. Single pic downloads haven't given me any errors at all.

Arrowmaster 07-01-2017 10:31 AM

I use photobucket as well, You cant bet Im not paying for their site. Ill go elsewhere