Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Bellator 180

Old 06-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bellator 180

Some good mma fights tonight, who you pick between Silva vs Sonnen, or Fedor vs Mitrione? I'm hoping Fedor but I think Matt takes it. I think Sonnen takes Silva down and GnP's him maybe to a decision? Anyway I'm pumped, to see Fedor back.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's amazing that people actually watch those men and women beat the begebees out of each other! What is wrong with our society nowadays?!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watching the undercard now, it's pretty good. Topgun, I recall in another one of these threads that you mentioned you watched boxing, I believe you talked about Ali? Anyway MMA might look bad but recent studies have found that there's more long term damage to boxers, like head trauma, eye problems ect. MMA has more blood and bruises, cuts. The study said MMA isn't safe but it is safer then boxing in the long run. You should give it a watch sometime, if you do like boxing? you might like MMA?
Old 06-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slightly off topic: I think Holly Holm has grit but she's getting older. Her opponents are more in their prime. She's coming to terms that she must train extra hard to gain similar results compared tor those opponents. She is fading as a fighter.

I bet she could have a great career as a commentator if she allowed that consideration. Her recognition as the first to end Rousey dominance could carry her in that regard and she could be a valuable spokesperson for the sport. Dana or someone like him should consider that as that time approaches..
Old 06-24-2017, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my picks were on tonight, but it's sad to see Fedor loose that way, but I did love that Matt Mitrione gave a shout out to Trump, He said if the Golden state Warriors don't want to go to the White house he will.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker View Post
Slightly off topic: I think Holly Holm has grit but she's getting older. Her opponents are more in their prime. She's coming to terms that she must train extra hard to gain similar results compared tor those opponents. She is fading as a fighter.

I bet she could have a great career as a commentator if she allowed that consideration. Her recognition as the first to end Rousey dominance could carry her in that regard and she could be a valuable spokesperson for the sport. Dana or someone like him should consider that as that time approaches..
I watched her last fight she ko'd Beth and the fight before that her opponent was punching after the bell should've had a point taken away, plus that opponent was stripped of her title for refusing to fight Cyborg, so she's still up there in my opinion.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Holly as a fighter and want to see her go as far as she can-like Foreman did w/boxing. The toll of age can have big impacts on athletes that take much greater determination to overcome.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very true Game Stalker, Fedor showed that he's in that boat last night, he's fought tuff battles with bigger guys for years, and is a shadow of his former self.