Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Had to laugh, decided to ask others. >

Had to laugh, decided to ask others.

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Had to laugh, decided to ask others.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Had to laugh, decided to ask others.

Flags post about the wife being mad because he never listens hits close to home here also.

I can come in from out side go set in my recliner and do nothing. Wife also says nothing, I pick up a book, my lap top or TV remote and the words start flowing, flow like water from a good spring.

Do you other guys experience that behavior?

Wife will be talking about the prices of food at the store gas at the gas station, my brothers health and the dumb stuff he does so I am not paying 100% attention and she will throw in a tidbit about going to spend the next day with her 85 year old mom. Next day when she is getting ready to leave I ask where she is going and she reminds me I never listen to her.

Do you other guys go thru that?

Leave before dark to go coyote hunting with a friend or two. Spend the whole day away from home and even go eat a quick bite in the evening before going home. Get home and she will say I left you a plate in the fridge just stick it in the micro wave to heat it up. Now if I had not stopped some place I walk in the door and look to see if there is a plate and there never is one nor any quickly heated left overs.

That happen to you guys?

Before I leave home to go hunt I either tell her in person face to face or leave a note where I am going and what I am going to be doing Hunting or fishing and when I will be back. Some times when I know I will not be back at the appointed time I call so no search party's are sent looking for me. Yet when I get back home I get the 3d degree about my tardiness. I mean to the point she will not go to bed at her normal time so she can grill me.

You other guys experience that behavior?

We been married almost 32 years, she knows I don't drink nor go to bars and the same with my friends, so you would think there would be no need to grill me.

As a defense for her, I have almost a 30 gun safe full of rifles shot guns and hand guns and she has never said no when I want to buy another one. I have a small 15' and a bigger wider 17' canoe and she has never said I should get rid of one. Also the same with the boat, a 12' small fishing boat and a 19' one I use when fishing lake Huron, or the bays De Noc up at deer camp. Has never said I should get rid of one the canoes could replace.

Al
Old 01-22-2017, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is the wife is always trying to get me to eat something, constantly. A couple of meals a day is enough for me. My guess is she just wants some attention.

I fix something to eat, set it on my TV table, pick up the fork and she starts asking me to bring her this or bring her that or make a plate of food for her or let the dog out or whatever. Food gets cold, then she asks how I liked the food, my answer is most always the same, I like it hot. Or maybe, I have no idea, you'll have to ask the dogs, they ate it while I was being your gofor.

I am getting smarter, I'll go fiddle around in the kitchen, start the micro wave until the bell chimes, then wait for it, run any errand she dreams up and then fix my meal.

I think it was around twenty years ago she started in on a program to curtail my hunting and fishing trips. After awhile she decided that was bad idea having me hanging around the house 24/7, now she encourages me to get the heck out the house.

The end of most every conversation with the wife ends the same way, "what did you say"?

We've been married forty years.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Been married almost 47 years. She does all the cooking, I do the grilling and we both do clean up. She has always been great about my hunting and fishing. The thing that separates me from many on here is that I fish or hunt almost every day as long as there is a season. The one thing I did learn long ago was to tell her when I was going to be late. When I was younger I missed coming home on time and didn't call and that didn't go well. Today is a non fishing day since we are going to take our 7 year old grandson to the Yankee Classic Sportsman's show.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can come in from out side go set in my recliner and do nothing. Wife also says nothing, I pick up a book, my lap top or TV remote and the words start flowing, flow like water from a good spring.
My wife does this all the time. Seems every time I begin to do something that takes a little concentration she starts chatting away and it is never about anything important or even interesting to me. So my mind tries to go back and forth and I usually end up saying "Oh or good or that's cool" and then she'll trap me by asking "What did I just say" and I won't have a clue. But put the shoe on the other foot and if she is doing something and I try to engage her she immediately tells me not to talk because she is "busy."

Drives me nuts. She also often tries to tell me about something she saw on TV. Rather than just saying " A guy got shot" or something she tries to go in depth and do a play by play and by the time she is done I don't have a clue what the heck she is talking about because she tends to ramble some. And then I get the same old "you never listen."

But she is cute, makes me laugh and I love her so what else can you do but shrug your shoulders and keep plugging along. They should outlaw 5'2" blondes!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mt wife likes to talk a lot, which should not surprise anyone, given the number of posts she has on the forums here.

I use my office to meet clients, but do most of my work in my home office, which is a corner of the family room. She and the girls will leave me alone if I have to work. but usually we have a lot of conversations. I don't think I have ever been accused of not listening. The girls participate in our discussions and I value what they have to say. Childhood is an apprenticeship where you learn to be an adult.

Since I am fond of draft beer, our discussions will sometimes be adjourned to one of the local pubs. The girls always go with us. We watched the inauguration live and the girls watched it at school. Then we watched it again at the pub. Very inspiring. Best inauguration address I have ever heard.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Our group of five now booted a member to if you wife will allow you, at our meeting yesterday. He was supposed to hunt with Lee for the last two weeks since he was working second shift. Found a part time job so canceled every hunt.

He did not shop wisely for a wife and got one that wants the best of every thing big fancy house and all the fancy stuff inside that gets changed a lot, fancy car that also gets changed a lot for what ever the rage is.
So in turn he breaks a lot of hunting engagements many times just hours before because he got offered over time.
I have heard her tell him he is not going to bring in that nasty wild animal (that is skinned and ready to be cooked) in her house. That comment I admit ticked me off and I told him, don't you work all the time to pay the mortgage on that freaking castle? Where does she get off calling it HER HOUSE. So when he is allowed go hunting and fishing and wants to cook some game or fish he many times will get his Colman camp stove out of his beat up old truck and cooks on the tail gate.

He has been married almost 30 years and only had one kid, said the trauma he experienced wasn't worth having any more. He is from a family with long term relations and was taught to always work things out. Seems it is YES DEAR to me!!!!!!!!

Al
Old 01-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to do a bit of shopping. Ask the wife if we/she needs anything. "No" is the answer. I usually get the text that we do need half a dozen things just as I am pulling back into the yard.

Ron
Old 01-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two guys, one old, one young,are pushing their carts around Wal-mart when they collide.
The old guy says to the young guy, "Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife,and I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
The young guy says, "That's OK, it's a coincidence.
I'm looking for my wife, too...
I can't find her and I'm getting a little desperate."
The old guy says, "Well,maybe I can help you find her...what does she look like?"
The young guy says, "Well, she is 27 yrs. old, tall, with red hair,
blue eyes, is buxom...wearing no bra, long legs, and is wearing short shorts.
What does your wife look like?'
To which the old guy says, “Doesn’t matter, --- let's look for yours."
Old 01-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give her a hug buddy. Sounds like a good caring wife to me.