Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

what is this

Old 01-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
DIY_guy's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 921
Default what is this

Anybody know what this is? What its for? What its called?

DIY_guy is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical
Gm54-120's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,521

Looks like an oversized gutter stock cutter.
Gm54-120 is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: central wi
Posts: 629

Ghilotine !
Hatfield Hunter is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical
uncle matt's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Darien, IL
Posts: 6,744

That's an old Stewart Banjaway.

Last edited by uncle matt; 01-11-2017 at 04:33 PM.
uncle matt is offline  
Old 01-11-2017, 05:52 AM
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: idaho
Posts: 2,773

originated in israel. it is called the circumsiser.
kidoggy is offline  
Old 01-11-2017, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,476

Never seen anything quite like that, but it reminds me of stuff from mid to late 1800's whose function was to press or mash fruits and/or vegetables for juice or pulp or some other product. Could even be for mashing grain I guess ...

But that's just it ... I'm guessing.

??? Corn cracker ???
Apple/peach/pear/grape masher-smasher-crusher ...,

Maybe some type of industrial metal break of some kind to aid in the production of bent metal products or parts.

Big paper cutter?
8mm/06 is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:40 AM
Dominant Buck
Champlain Islander's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,696

Looks like it presses and then operating that lever on pic 2 moves the pressed side down. A trough catches whatever is produced. My guess some type of grain mill/ grinder.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck
MudderChuck's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Germany/Calif.
Posts: 2,653

Originally Posted by Gm54-120 View Post
Looks like an oversized gutter stock cutter.
Tin ridge cap joint maker? It kind of has the shape of a ridge cap press.

The trough could be to catch oil.
MudderChuck is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,476

Another guess ...

A machine to slice thin sheets of wood veneer? Or measured slices of something ...
8mm/06 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.