Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Peoples Builds {body types }? >

Peoples Builds {body types }?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Peoples Builds {body types }?

Old 02-13-2016, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default Peoples Builds {body types }?

I am pushing 70 now and have noticed over the last,say,3 decades,how peoples bodies have changed !
I grew up in a rural area. The time i grew up in the woman was a full time house wife and the man worked . I worked in the steel mills and then the underground soft coal mines,my wife took care of the house and the children ! I worked 3 shifts,she had a 24 hour a day job,the home !
Well,back to my peoples bodies thing ? Have you ever walked thru a mall or down a street,and seen a pair of women ahead of you and noticed that one is wider than the other in the hips {BUTT} ? Then,they stop to look at something and you walk past them. As you do,you look back {I can do this now,since i am older and the wife don't care},the one that is smaller and narrower,is the MOTHER !!!!! This is 90% of the time ! WHY ? Is it the easy living we have given the kids or they just don't do anything but lounge around?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think much of it is the feel good generation. They seem to concentrate more on feeling good and tend to take it to excess.

For example, I eat to live, I don't live to eat.

Self gratification seems to be the main goal in life.

Fornication is procreation, not recreation.

If a little of your vice of choice makes you feel good, more will make you feel better.

Maximum comfort seems to be the goal.

They sit in front of the box too much, the box being the TV, the computer, X Box, smart phone or whatever.

It all gets to be a a habit when they are young and sticks with them into adult life.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 02-13-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Kids sit on the bus to school, they sit on the bus home from school, come home sit and do homework, then sit and watch a movie or sit at the computer until bed. During all this sitting they eat processed, unhealthy, fast food type stuff. Kids don't walk many places anymore, they don't play outside much anymore, and that's a large part of it
-Jake
Old 02-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala View Post
Kids sit on the bus to school, they sit on the bus home from school, come home sit and do homework, then sit and watch a movie or sit at the computer until bed. During all this sitting they eat processed, unhealthy, fast food type stuff. Kids don't walk many places anymore, they don't play outside much anymore, and that's a large part of it
-Jake
The sad part is unless you are really genetically gifted, you sometime in your life hit a physical peak, maybe sustain it for a decade or more if your lucky, then it is all downhill from there.

Myself, I'm glad I pushed the envelope in my growing years and peak years or I'd likely be a real wreck by now.

Being at that age where I've been to many funerals, those that died young were mostly sedentary and tended to over indulge or the other extreme, those that just worked themselves to death.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

no kids nowadays are spoiled and lazy, and its our fault. we want a better life than we have for our kids, I watched my wife during our daughters childhood, do absolutely everything for her, so she grew up spoiled lazy with no ambitions and no work ethics, I spent years trying to convince her to encourage our child to work hard in school, and teach her to be independent instead of doing everything for her. if given a choice kids will always take the easy way. it doesn't help they're future at all.
RR
Old 02-15-2016, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not just the lazy factor, and I wouldn't really always call it lazy. The "average day" has changed dramatically. That's the core of it, and it's not just the last generation, it's further back than that.

Way back, you got home from school, if you went, and worked the farm, or at least the family business.

Over years "work" has changed from most people doing physical work, to more and more being technology and office driven, you know, sitting on your butt all day! As this happens, then it becomes something you have to actually "do" to get exercise.

Add in that more and more kids just don't play in the neighborhood. Be it latch key kids, day cares, single parents etc. Going outside and playing in the neighborhood, which was the ONLY option years ago, now competes with other options.

And yes there are different body types. My wife and I raised two boys, both in their 20's now. One is 6 foot 1, 175 lbs athletic build and can "go" for hours. The other is 5'11" 220lbs and has always struggled with "chunkiness"

They were raised the same way, spent all their childhood on athletic fields, primarily soccer, both still to this day play on soccer teams.

Some is activity level, some is genetic.

Over time it's also become "ok" to be fat. That's the only part that bugs me. Tell someone they should lose weight and you might as well just shoot yourself.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that a lot of kids get spoiled and taught to be lazy. My older ambitious neighbor & his wife were raised on poor family farms and they were made to work hard and perform. Anyway his wife and he decided there kid would not be raised in that stringent way. He told me, in hindsight all he accomplished was to raise a lazy kid. The father at 70 still has more muscles in his arms/shoulders than his son who's in his prime.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 AM
Typical Buck

I teach 5th grade and I had a girl last year that weighed 260. Her mom was so big could not even walk. Kids will be just like parents. It is a horrible trend. They say people need to eat healthy which is true. The problem is it is so expensive to eat healthy. They can go to Mcdonalds and feed the kids for a few bucks each. Compare to buying fresh veggies and fresh meat.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
I teach 5th grade and I had a girl last year that weighed 260. Her mom was so big could not even walk. Kids will be just like parents. It is a horrible trend. They say people need to eat healthy which is true. The problem is it is so expensive to eat healthy. They can go to Mcdonalds and feed the kids for a few bucks each. Compare to buying fresh veggies and fresh meat.
I teach HS and I see a lot of kids that are in dire need of a diet plan, an exercise program and basic info on nutrition.