Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Did you work out today? >

Did you work out today?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Did you work out today?

Old 07-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hitting the pool this evening for a 2mi session, M W F... that's my usual. One some weekends, I get in a 5k
Old 08-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Spike

No, today no. Usually I go to the gym once or twice a week. I don't have time for more((
Old 08-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Laying low for a few days. Woke up on Monday with a pulled back which got worse. Went to the Doctor and started on prednesone. Last time was a year ago and I did it by pulling on a stuck boat anchor. Opposite side this time and I don't know how it happened but pretty painful. Hope I get better fast because the fish are biting.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Did 15 miles on a mountain bike..swam 10 laps yesterday..God is helping me get my body back...eatting once a day with no snacks..My will power is not mine..God is the strengh of my mind/heart..Blood Pressure this morning was 121 / 79 I'm 65

At this age strenghthing muscles is very important to support your joints...also off of sodas and coffee..they cause inflamation...the good stuff is anti inflamation..Like I said before ...this is not will power..I begged God to HELP ME get control over my lust for eatting,,,He answered my prayers...plus..getting ready for hunting,,,most of my spots are a mile deep..We eat organic when available...brown rice instead of white etc.etc..I drink daily V8 with a garlic clove and gel from one Aloe vera leaf..we grow our own..this helps all aspects of the digestion tract..I had a fatty liver...cured in 2 weeks
Third Time..I have nothing to boast about...Jesus is the strengh of my life..in my self..I'm a worthless loser.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-16-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

I've been lazy.

Summer over time going on at work, a couple big projects at the house

-Jake
Old 08-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7 View Post
Did 15 miles on a mountain bike..swam 10 laps yesterday..God is helping me get my body back...eatting once a day with no snacks..My will power is not mine..God is the strengh of my mind/heart..Blood Pressure this morning was 121 / 79 I'm 65

At this age strenghthing muscles is very important to support your joints...also off of sodas and coffee..they cause inflamation...the good stuff is anti inflamation..Like I said before ...this is not will power..I begged God to HELP ME get control over my lust for eatting,,,He answered my prayers...plus..getting ready for hunting,,,most of my spots are a mile deep..We eat organic when available...brown rice instead of white etc.etc..I drink daily V8 with a garlic clove and gel from one Aloe vera leaf..we grow our own..this helps all aspects of the digestion tract..I had a fatty liver...cured in 2 weeks
I got out my mt bike and started to use it again. I had a sports injury in 1977 which required a left knee ACL repair. Technology wasn't that good then but I managed to keep an active lifestyle and it never bothered me. I am 71 now and the knee is shot and know one of these days I'll be forced to have it replaced. I can't run without pain but can ride my Giant Talon bike. Your diet sounds interesting Chuck.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Rode my bicycle 16 miles. Does that count?
Old 08-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
Rode my bicycle 16 miles. Does that count?
I would think so.

-Jake
Old 08-16-2019, 09:16 PM
Dominant Buck

The diet CI is called Intermittent Fasting ...lots of people do it to maintain their looks..especially movie stars...I do it because it's the only way I know to walk in The Spirit..when coupled with Bible reading, and Prayer
Matthew 6 Christians are expected to fast often..the only way I know to get my eyes off me and love others...eatting is a powerful force..Fasting humbles one's soul./ place of emotions.Intermittent fasting is EXTREMELY HARD ..I begged God to give me the strenghth and ..He answered my prayer...I 'm content and don't desire to eat any other time...but I don't take this for granted..I know it's only because of Him I succeed in anything,
I have a small window to eat 3:00PM to 4:00 PM NO SNACKS afterward..or BEFORE 3:00

Like you, I also have a Giant Mountain Bike I bought at a yard sale for 15 .00 dollars..Bike shops are terribly expensive so I've learned how to fix it myself..Although only 15 I 've put a lot of money into biking
I bought a
Rim Straightener
New Back Rim
Extra Spokes
60.00 seat
cables
mirror
Computer Speedometer/Odometer
Water Bottle Carrier
Grips
Bike Shorts
Lights
Nice Basket to carry a pump / game cameras etc. extra tube/ birding camera TOILET PAPER lol
A pouch for allen wrenches, spoke wrench and a small adjustable wrench for the kick stand
another pouch for cell phone

C I I also blew out my knee from running in the early 90s..but for the most parts I'm healed...they were going to do surgury...but I trusted in God's Word of divine healing...{ Proverbs 4: 20-22}and it's fixed..my right shoulder is messed up...can't throw a ball...After a few weeks of doing laps in a pool..I can throw again..simply praying, exersising the muscles and leaving inflamatory foods alone..BIggest culprets..Alcohol, caffine, refined sugar..white / bleached pasta.I take no medication..I do swimming for upper body and biking for cardio...and legs..Doing another 15miles this morning...I have no TV either..C I i want my mind to be strong..For one's strenghth comes from within.."As a man thinks, so is he"
I take Mondays off and fish..last Monday I got 30 fat and wide bluegills..Happy Camper...took a while to find them

Doing a complete turn around..I still want to enjoy life in it's fullest ...with God. Jesus calls it Abundant Life John 10;10
Sincerely,
C7

I've found that the best gloves for mountain bikes are Walmarts Motor Cycle Gloves..those gloves have the padding in the correct spot..in the palm of your hand..

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-16-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I myself love the Sauconyís..
Iím an Ultra Runner.
Love hitting those Mtns and just going.
So while a few of my buddies spent the weekend trying to get a Boston Qualifier at the Chilliwack Revel Marathon here in British Columbia..
I was out in the hills running a 5Hr Trail Run.
Managed just over 38km Iím that time and got 1000 meters of elev on Saturday.

Coached a RunClub Group Yesterday
Hit the Track Today for a high volume 1Hr workout..
Run 6.5km tomorrow
Another 16 km Wed
Thirs and Fri are Recovery
Than have a 42lm Trail Race Sat
Coach Sunday
Track Monday
More Recovery Runs to follow with some Rest days.
Got a 50km Ultra on the Labour-day Weekend
4 Days later hit another 42km Trail Run
Than 25km the following weekend
Than I hunt..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.