Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Calling all the original posters. >

Calling all the original posters.

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Calling all the original posters.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:01 AM
  #11  
Nontypical Buck
 
brucelanthier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 2,520
Default

There used to be a great deal of discussion about techniques, tips, tricks of the trade and ways to be a better, more efficient hunter. I hung out in the Archery section mostly but would go look at others on occasion and they seemed to be the same. All of the forums were pretty busy discussing hunting and ways to hunt.

Now, the only forum like that is busy like that is the black powder forum. Lot of good knowledge to be had in many recent threads.

The only other forum that seems to be busy is politics and it is mostly whining and crying. politics seems to be the busiest forum here at Huntingnet.com. Imagine that.

It would be nice to talk techniques, tips and trade advice but those days seem to be over in the Archery forums. Perhaps if some of the "old timers" came back it would change.
brucelanthier is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 PM
  #12  
Dominant Buck
 
burniegoeasily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: land of the Lilliputians, In the state of insanity
Posts: 26,274
Default

Howdy all. I still snope around here from time to time.

By the way, when is the next bigfoot hunt? I've got kegs at the ready.
burniegoeasily is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 12:31 PM
  #13  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern wv
Posts: 2,753
Default

why y'all burnin bandwidth lookin for a bunch of old geezers who have been told by the newer members they are unethical slobs who never knew nothing no how?
RR
Ridge Runner is online now  
Old 09-07-2015, 01:04 PM
  #14  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Wink

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
why y'all burnin bandwidth lookin for a bunch of old geezers who have been told by the newer members they are unethical slobs who never knew nothing no how?
RR
Feeble, slow-witted, and a bit creepy perhaps, but unethical? Never!



No unethical slobs on this forum
sachiko is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 01:06 PM
  #15  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pa.
Posts: 1,060
Default

You young'uns keep it up and I'll go get 5-shot and we'll meet ya"ll in HCU's chat room. Then the crying and moaning will start. Yes I have 5-shots phone number and we get in touch once in awhile. By the way 3pt errrrr 4pt.....I'm still waiting for the chicken, I got tomatoes.
Big John is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 01:10 PM
  #16  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Big John View Post
You young'uns keep it up and I'll go get 5-shot and we'll meet ya"ll in HCU's chat room. Then the crying and moaning will start. Yes I have 5-shots phone number and we get in touch once in awhile. By the way 3pt errrrr 4pt.....I'm still waiting for the chicken, I got tomatoes.
He promised us a T-shirt, a chicken, and an autographed photo of Willie Nelson.

So far, nothing!
sachiko is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 02:37 PM
  #17  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,371
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I have an, admittedly, rude question.

Why all this weeping over the lack of participation by the "Original Posters?"

Are those of us who participate and post on a fairly regular basis of little value?
All members are valued. The regular folks who presently post keep the site going. I just thought it would be fun to possibly get a few of the older posters to return with the thought more is better. Some of the older members were real characters and I think some of the newer people would get a kick out of them.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 04:05 PM
  #18  
Boone & Crockett
 
Phil from Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 12,272
Default

It used to be a lot of fun even when I first joined on.. I can recall commenting one a post someone had started and the next day it was 5 to 10 pages long.. They just kept going and going all in good taste and a lot of fun.. Yeah there was a few that would try and blast someone for something but they never lasted that long.. Those were the good ole days..
Phil from Maine is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 04:07 PM
  #19  
Giant Nontypical
 
Sswpriz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Greendale, Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 6,354
Default

I'm still waiting for my chicken.....barbequed please !!

Sswpriz is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 04:12 PM
  #20  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,371
Default

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine View Post
It used to be a lot of fun even when I first joined on.. I can recall commenting one a post someone had started and the next day it was 5 to 10 pages long.. They just kept going and going all in good taste and a lot of fun.. Yeah there was a few that would try and blast someone for something but they never lasted that long.. Those were the good ole days..
It was a lot of fun Phil.
Champlain Islander is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.