Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Cardeer

Old 08-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Cardeer

Every once in a while I take a look at the member list, click on post # and it gives the top numerical posters in order. Post count means nothing other than a hint that many of us spend too much time on here. When I checked the list today I saw I surpassed cardeer on the list. It made me think fondly of all the great posts that guy made. When I first started to post he was always on HNI and was quite a character. He was always welcoming to new members and had a sense of humor to boot. Some of the early pictures with "Goldie' were funny. His comments on Walmart were always humorous. He changed the way I thought about peanut butter. Last I heard he moved to PA way out to the hills away from the Internet. I hope he is alive and well.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I joined before the Great Crash of 03 and CD was the main man back then. Always enjoyed reading his posts. I even managed to acquire on of his necklaces and still wear it every hunting season.
He would be a great boost for this site if he was to return.

Ron
Old 08-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Those are priceless. Wish I was one of the lucky ones to have gotten one. I hope he is still on the top side. He was quite a character.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

He was a character to be sure. I was just reading another post when I saw his name as a poster. Then, I realized, it was from 2004!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am surprised no one got his e-mail address since it appears he was so well liked here.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I believe he moved off the grid on some mountain in rural Pa. He was a real colorful character. I can't seem to post a picture but there is one of him in the middle along with a few of the original cornerstones of HNI. It was posted by Sswpriz on post 11 page 2. The plank owner thread was started by Calhunter reminiscing about old times after the banned Off Season forum was returned to the HNI forum. Recently departed Rickmur is on the left and he was using a different screen name. Cardeer is one of a kind. He actually posted on that thread but used another name because he must have lost his password and built another name of cardeeer with an extra e

Click and read the whole thread from page 1. Kind of interesting.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-...kowners-2.html

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 08-05-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

That guy is sure one of a kind just in looks alone!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ah! Good old Cardeer! He was always a hoot. He sure would be a welcome addition around here. I think he wanted to get "off the grid" before he got too old.

Necklaces? I sent him some antlers and he sent me back 4 necklaces, 1 for me and 1 for each of my three sons. Should start a thread of CD necklaces and see how many are out there. I would be interested to see what others look like.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Man that brings back some memories.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep,Cardeer was a character. His Wal-Mart rants, his love for peanut butter, his dislike for sidewalk sissies and his hobby as a ham operator are a few of the things I remember.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.