Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
anyone else ready for spring? >

anyone else ready for spring?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

anyone else ready for spring?

Old 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone else ready for spring?

filled my 3500 Wednesday with 30 gallons of fuel, noticed the tanker filling the tanks, but never paid any mind, filled up, went about my business.....
fri morning it was minus 8F, truck started ran 15 minutes and shut down, changed the filter, restarted, 5 min. later it quit again, when changing the filter (laying under the truck at 6:10 at -8) I noticed that even with a full tank there was no fuel coming from the tank, blew through the line and instead of the normal ruch of air it was like just a slow moving gurgle, still no fuel. I knew I had problems, gave it a healthy dose of 911, then it hit me, the guy filling the tanks at the station had all the sediments stirred up and I was loaded with water, $2.89 a gallon for 10% water and I'll fight it till spring to get it out. went to take the cap of the main fuel filter and it broke! along about 5:00 that eve, I had new filters, a new cap and got her started.
today it warmed up to about 27F......and snowed 12", so was pushing snow most of the day, tomorrow will push driveways out for the neighbors, get in more firewood and hope the weather returns to normal..........
ANY FL, GA GUYS NEED A RENTER?
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 02-21-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:05 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Spring is a long way off. But I'm very tired of these single digit and sub=zero temperatures. I like winter but this is just not normal at all.

And I may get violent with the next person who claims it's due to global warming.

I'm tired of wearing tights (I hear they are now called yoga pants) under my skirt.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:00 AM
Banned

I love winter. can always put more clothes on but take to much off and you may wind up in prison.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
I love winter. can always put more clothes on but take to much off and you may wind up in prison.
Of all the people I know, I have never known anyone besides myself to feel that way! I do enjoy spring, hate summer and like the fall but I love winter time. I dont care if it ever gets above 25-30 degrees.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:10 AM
Banned

yep, that's how I feel. I can stand temps up to about 80 but after that ,if I don't absolutely have to be out in it ,I won't be.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

80* here today... spring has arrived. (Sorry, couldn't help myself folks).
Old 02-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am ready for it. I just got back from a hog hunt in SC. It was in the temp in the mornings ranged from 17 to 29 degrees and it didn't get warmer than the high 30s. Fortunately I took a very light weight of long under wear but it wasn't enough to be comfortable. It would have been as bad but we had strong winds with the low temp. Just cleaned up 5 inches of snow this morning, I cleand up snow the day I left for the trip. I am ready to start seeing green stuff.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:56 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Of all the people I know, I have never known anyone besides myself to feel that way! I do enjoy spring, hate summer and like the fall but I love winter time.
Add me to the list, but here in MS we don't have to deal with the snow and ice much at all.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Spike

Just registering on this web site today this is my first post on here and can't wait to have many more. I am definitely ready for spring and turkey hunting time. Can't wait to hear the first gobbles of the year. Talking about turkey hunting I am currently making (or attempting to make) a hay bale blind and I need some advise. I have the frame complete and a 4 ml plastic over it but now I am needing to know what kind of material to cover the plastic to make it look like a hay bale. I ordered and received an erosion blanket but looking at it I am not sure if it will work. Does anyone know of a more permanent material that would look like hay that I could use?

Last edited by cabin guy; 02-22-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cabin guy View Post
Just registering on this web site today this is my first post on here and can't wait to have many more. I am definitely ready for spring and turkey hunting time. Can't wait to hear the first gobbles of the year. Talking about turkey hunting I am currently making (or attempting to make) a hay bale blind and I need some advise. I have the frame complete and a 4 ml plastic over it but now I am needing to know what kind of material to cover the plastic to make it look like a hay bale. I ordered and received an erosion blanket but looking at it I am not sure if it will work. Does anyone know of a more permanent material that would look like hay that I could use?
Heard my first gobble(s) 2 weeks ago. Gobbled at the muzzle blast of my AR when I was shooting 2 coyotes from under where they where roosted! Temperature was around 0. Heard my next gobbles yesterday morning (bout 10 degrees) and several miles from the first as I shot another coyote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.